Foodie and Fitness Fashion Friday

Hello! I am on my way to the airport to hop on a plane to New Orleans!!!

I am so so excited for this trip since I’ll be hanging out with one of my favorite people in the world – Chandra! We met at the Healthy Living Summit a few years back and it was love at first drink… SCAN0302 thumb Foodie and Fitness Fashion FridayOh don’t judge, you know you’ve been there.

But – let’s get to the point of this whole RER thing – Running & Eating…

Foodie Friday

Last night I went out for sushi, but ended up getting chicken teriyaki. Such a pretty plate wlEmoticon smile4 Foodie and Fitness Fashion Friday

image thumb36 Foodie and Fitness Fashion Friday

Fitness Fashion Friday

I may not be up to date with the latest fashion trends… ‘hey, what do you mean yoga pants aren’t for all day, everyday?!’…

slap a couple buttons on that badboy and youll be good 2 go Foodie and Fitness Fashion Friday

But, I do try out a lot of fitness gear. So, I thought I’d start a fun blog series called Fitness Fashion Friday and we can discuss which capris are best for avoiding camel toe and which socks make your feet look skinny.

This weekend I wore my new Moving Comfort sprint skort in Fiesta. I love it because it’s comfy and cute (the 2 most important things). The MC shirt showed sweat way too early in the run, so I’d pass on that though.moving comfort running skort thumb Foodie and Fitness Fashion Friday

I have one in black and it also comes in purple.

Annnnd, I think I’m going to wear my new Run Eat Repeat tank for the half this weekend. I’m not 100% yet because it seems like it’s going to be super see-through when it gets sweaty so it’ll be a last minute decision.

image thumb37 Foodie and Fitness Fashion Friday

Get yours in my shop!  <- I’ll let you know how the tank works out before you buy the tank, but the tech shirt is good.

I added an album of pictures from RnR Pasadena to the RER Facebook page – check it out!

Question: What did you eat last night?

Are you running RnR NOLA?! I didn’t organize a meet up because I’m a mess, but I’d love to meet you. Follow me on twitter @RunEatRepeat so you know when I’ll be at the expo and please tell me Hi!

Comments

1. Shannon in Tustin says

dinner: oven roasted vegetables (red bells, butternut sq, mushrooms, zucchini and red onions) over orzo and baked chicken breast (I always cook with bone and skin for flavor then ditch them when serving).

It was fan-tasty-tabulous.

Have a great weekend and a safe trip! :D

I just ordered the Mexi-can shirt for my hubs. In orange, his fave. Thanks Mon for having a cool shirt for the mexican in my life. :) Someday I’ll get my self something. Maybe the tank you have, or the I’d rather be running… shirt.

Love the shirt and see through is fine if you have a cute sports bra to show off! I’m not all about running in only a sports bra but I am all about showing off/highlighting the sports bra. GO for it! And have an excellent time in NOLA! Jealous.

Last night’s meal was a mess bc I had to squeeze in a run & unpack. That means my hubs made me chicken nuggets & tots – the only good news is that they were baked & organic. I’m such a 5 year old!

I’m running the RNR this weekend! My first half!! I’m really excited to see that you (and CNC Tina) are running it since I’m a huge fan of y’all’s!

PS-Pretty please wear the RER tank or another obvious “Hey, that’s Monica!” shirt because it’d be super cool to recognize you!

6. Sarah says

I love talking fitness fashion! Fitness clothing can be tricky.

For example, I just realized in last night’s yoga class that the Adidas pants I got at Costco seem to do sort of the opposite of a camel-toe. I can tell Adidas was trying to do a gusset to avoid camel-toe, but it’s way too wide and too much extra material. It looks sort of baggy… but shaped like your hoo-ha area… so basically a saggy baggy set of lips I suppose. Yeah, probably an over-share, but a cautionary tale nonetheless.

Hope you have fun and a great race. I had a snooze of a salad for dinner last night but tonight is looking better with Easy & Light Shrimp Fettuccine!

8. Jessie says

Yes I love fitness clothes and I like the idea of talking about it on Fridays. Happy Friday! We ate chicken bog, ever had it? Heard of it? It is chicken, sausage and rice all together.

9. Nicki says

Hi! Welcome to my hometown, New Orleans! I’ll be running on Sunday and will try to keep a lookout for you. Good luck with the race and I hope you enjoy your trip and love NOLA as much as I do.