Motivation Monday–Running Motivation

Need some Running Motivation, here ya go…

running motivation quote thumb Motivation Monday–Running Motivation

And because this spoke to me this week:

its about them not about you thumb Motivation Monday–Running Motivation

Workout Music Monday: Last week for Throwback Thursday I posted Valerie by Amie Winehouse on Facebook. I’m still digging her, but today it’s You Know I’m No Good. It’s not very fast, but I’m not feeling fast today so it works…

Remember when I used to do Mexican Meatless Mondays?

Well, I was too busy taking a siesta to cook up a recipe this week, so I am sharing Meatless Monday’s e-book with 10 Meatless Chili recipes.

image thumb15 Motivation Monday–Running Motivation

I’d like to continue being lazy into the evening so if you’re going to make something amazing for dinner please invite me over wlEmoticon smile1 Motivation Monday–Running Motivation

Question: What’s for dinner?!

Comments

Ugh we were lazy too, so we had dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets & cottage cheese. Such a random, 5 year old dinner. Oh well, we ate like kings all weekend, so it was bound to happen.

Just finished dinner: spring berry salad (mixed greens, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries & pecans) and some roasted chicken. So good!

3. Emily @SinfulNutrition says

My favorite running quote is “your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving up. Keep going.” Always motivates me when my legs feel like they are going to fall off!

4. Denise says

We had beef stir fry. Guess I didn’t follow the Monday Meatless rule. Tomorrow’s Tuesday… Taco Tuesday??? I’m more of a Taco Thursday.

5. Linda says

To my dismay, I wasn’t able to download the chili cookbook. Can you resend the link so I can try again? Thanks! :)
    -Linda

I love that quote about the way people treat you being a reflection of themselves! I’m going to share that with my oldest son who is pretty strong but has a couple of kids who say mean things to him a lot (middle school is tough!!).

The quote is really snazzy (“The way people treat you is a statement about who they are as a human being. It is not a statement about who you are”). Entirely correct and it also works perfectly as life advice the other way around “The way you treat people is not a statement about who they are as a human being. It is a statement about who you are”.

Where/who is it from? :)

I try to meal plan and shop at the beginning of each week, and tonight is baked chicken breast wrapped in turkey bacon and smothered in bbq sauce and provolone with grilled asparagus and baby potatoes! One of my faves and it comes together super quickly.

The first quote is one of my favorites!

We just had chorizo tacos for dinner this Sunday…Locally produced chorizo, brown rice, red onions, bell peppers, shredded cheese, and whole wheat tortillas. It’s the first time I made tacos at home (I know…). Sooooo good!

10. Shannon in Tustin says

Spaghetti with meat sauce that my sweet, SIL gave to me! Not too many meatless Mondays here; sad to say…

Love both quotes! I’m going to print out the second one. The first one is something close to what I try to play in my brain when I don’t want to run or feel like stopping. Run because I can and be thankful to God for good health and healthy, strong legs…then keep going! :D

11. Megan says

Hi Monica,

I can’t remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but I love it! I look forward to reading your new post!
    I wouldn’t call myself an avid runner (I run when I can), I’ve only done one 1/2 marathon BUT I am signed up for the Nashville Country Music 1/2 marathon. Anywho….your running blog inspires me!

And your 2nd quote spoke to me this week also…been having sort of a rough time at work with people and that quote made me go AHA!

Well the real reason I am writing other than loving your blog, since you run alot, any advice on awesome running sunglasses that won’t really slip and slide all over the place?