Egg Pizza Recipe

I said Egg Pizza was on the menu for this week on Sunday and then saw a bunch of searches for “egg pizza recipe” on RER.

Well, I don’t want to disappoint but it’s not an actual recipe. I just add a layer of egg to pizza. whomp whomp whomp. But it is delicious!

IMG 1348 800x600 thumb Egg Pizza Recipe

My crust was a tortilla. Because I’m Mexican. And because I like tortillas and sombreros.

IMG 1332 800x600 thumb Egg Pizza Recipe

I cook up a plain egg omelet and don’t flip it.

IMG 1336 800x600 thumb Egg Pizza Recipe

I put a little cheese on the tortilla so the egg will stick to it. Then, slather if up with sauce. I like a lot of sauce wlEmoticon smile3 Egg Pizza Recipe

IMG 1338 800x600 thumb Egg Pizza Recipe

Proceed to add cheese and your other favorite pizza toppings.

IMG 1340 800x600 thumb Egg Pizza Recipe

Broil to melt the cheese and slice up pizza style!

IMG 1343 800x600 thumb Egg Pizza Recipe

Once again, everything that comes out of my kitchen is thick wlEmoticon winkingsmile5 Egg Pizza Recipe

IMG 1345 800x600 thumb Egg Pizza Recipe

extra circles Egg Pizza Recipe

I add a ton of parm and red hot peppers because I also like it spicy.

IMG 1350 800x600 thumb Egg Pizza Recipe

Question: What’s your favorite pizza topping?

Comments

1. Denise says

I like pizzas with a whole lot of stuff that no one else wants to eat/order but it’s what my parents use to do as a kid and now I seem to want the works….

OR a pizza with goat cheese, artichoke hearts, prosciutto, arugula… that sort of thing, that is NOT like normal growing up pizza but it’s my “I’m a grown up” pizza.

Mmm. I’ve never put egg on a pizza before, but this is going to be breakfast in the morning (I already had a late night snack or I’d make it now, hehe). I’ll probably add hot sauce instead of the red peppers for mine because of the egg, but I normally love shaking peppers on regular pizza.

I LOOOOVE EGGS. I will HAVE to make this!
    Before seeing this post, I would have said that my favorite pizza topping was roasted garlic (big ol’ chunks). Or artichokes.
    But egg would totally be the best :)

Mushrooms, eggplants (weird, I know!), red and green bell peppers, basically veggies and definitely some cayenne pepper sprinkled on top (I like spicy food!).

Umm, this is the best idea ever. Why did I not think of it?!
    PS: We need to catch up! I have a date tonight, I’ll call you tomorrow. ;)

Hmmm….I might have to try that. Some times I just like a plain ol cheese pizza but I also like mushrooms, green peppers, Roma tomatoes and sweet onions (every now & then). If I’m feeling cray-cray, I might put some chicken on there too.

7. Shannon in Tustin says

I have to pick one?
    mushroom & sausage are my favorite of all time. but I also like green peppers, tomatoes, thinly sliced onions, ham, pineapple, pepperoni…oh yes, I guess I just like pizza in general! :D

This looks really good, I love making pizzas on tortillas but never thought to add a layer of eggs. I’d probably love it because I also love eggs and cheese. My favorite pizza toppings are barbecue chicken, broccoli and pineapple (not all together).

I actually made this for breakfast this morning after reading your post. It was so amazing! I make breakfast burritos a lot and this was a great twist on the tortilla/egg combo! Thanks for sharing

Girl, I am making this for my husband on Sunday!!! I am putting it in my outlook calendar so I don’t forget.

PS. I just wrote about my fave breakfast food. Check it out, and try it when you visit Tejas next time.

PSS. Sorry, but we have better Mexican food than California! Did you know that?!

I would have never thought to add an egg! If I were to do this I think I’d scramble the egg so it cooked fast, I have zero patience… I need to get to the store and buy some tortillas too, since I moved away from paleo a little bit I have been meaning to make some pizza! Great recipe : )