April 2013 Favorites and May Goals

It’s May 1st! I love a fresh start, do you?

First here is my favorite Run, Eat and Repeat posts from the month

Run:

Ragnar SoCal with Team Nuun. It was a blast!

IMG 20130420 080000 800x800 thumb April 2013 Favorites and May Goals

IMAG1751 450x800 thumb April 2013 Favorites and May Goals

Eat:

The cookies and Thai Curry Pizza I had in Tucson

IMG 20130413 150159 800x800 thumb April 2013 Favorites and May Goals

Repeat:

How to Run Across the Golden Gate Bridge and then I did it again the next day at the RnR San Francisco Half

Marathongolden gate bridge run April 2013 Favorites and May Goals

Honorable Mention: My Half Marathon Tips Vlog

May 2013 Goals:

1. Enjoy all the races and travel events I have planned! My life is ridiculous this month and I want to focus on enjoying it, not stressing.

2. Stick to one pre-planned afternoon snack.

3. Stay on top of email – I’m almost caught up!

my flight April 2013 Favorites and May Goals

Running and Travel Schedule for May:

May 5thOC Marathon <- This Sunday! Registration is still open. There is a half and full marathon.

May 15/16 – New York for a foodie event

May 18th – BTR 50k

May 20th – My brother’s wedding

May 27thLaguna Hills Half Marathon <- This is on Memorial Day (Monday). It’s a great smallish race that I did 2 years ago and enjoyed! It starts close to a local mall with plenty of parking so it’s easy breezy.

Question: What are your goals for May?

Outside of those events I’ll be sleeping wlEmoticon smile April 2013 Favorites and May Goals

pin it button April 2013 Favorites and May Goals

Comments

I’m going to Utah in May for the BLEND retreat which while after going last year, I know many of the ladies who will be there, but I’m also looking forward to challenging myself to step outside my comfort zone and meeting NEW people. Also, I still need to find a race for May…!!

I wish I could go to that retreat! I just found out about all these different conferences! I need a sponsor lol! Have fun!!

Sricking to one afternoon pre planned snack! GOOD LUCK!
    It’s so hard!! Nice goals though! Definitely enjoy it.
    Traveling is awesome :) Wish I could do it more!
    My May goals is to get organized and run less, strength train more.
    I need to streghten these muscles of mind so I can be GREAT!

My may goals also involve less snacking and also to keep up with training for my first half marathon without injuring myself (because getting injured is what I do best)

4. Colleen says

Fitness Goal: Get my bootie out of bed and RUN in the AM before the crazy of my day sneaks in!

Diet Goal: STOP LATE NIGHT SNACKING!

Family Goal: Bike Rides

God speed with all your runs this month! I just ran my 1st 1/2 of the 2013 running season last weekend. Didn’t have enough miles on my legs b/c of the cold weather/snow (Midwest) and my inability to run more than six miles on the dreadmill! Ah well…every race is a lesson…and I know what I need to do to hit my PR goal this year! :-)

Great goals and I am tired just reading what you have coming up for May!
    For me, my goals are to foam roll DAILY, cut out all simple sugar processed foods (the last few weeks I have been craving them like crazy!) and I am good at prepping my lunches for the week but I want to start prepping more weekend meals so my husband and I can eat more healthy at home instead of going out all the time.

I am starting a 30 day squat challenge today for the month of May! Oh and I would like to get more mileage in this month than I did for April. I was slacking! Good luck with all your plans and goals for May. Looks like you will be BUSY but in a good way!

I’m hoping to add to start my month off with a PR at the Vancouver Marathon this weekend! Otherwise I want to get some spring cleaning done and try to get my first trail race done this month (Central Alberta 5 Peaks series). And maybe relax a bit?

8. Stephanie says

I did that Laguna 1/2 several years back. I will never forget it because I locked my key in the car before it started! I had my key on the front seat while I was getting my fuel belt, etc. adjusted, and slammed the door (this was an old school car where you could actually lock the door from the inside while it was open). Right as the door was closing, I had this momentary OHSH!T moment as I realized what was happening.

Since it was like 6am on a federal holiday, I threw my hands up and decided not to worry about it until after the race. Then I traipsed on over to a Sears, found a phone, and called AAA!

Those cookies look amazing!! My goal for May is to lose 5% of my body weight, and live a balanced life so I can still eat cookies ;)

I DO love a fresh start, the first of the month always feels good. I am looking forward to doing more things outside this month and want to go hiking a couple of times, I also think I’m running my first organized 5k race on the 11th, and I want to workout at least 5 times a week all month.

Not get injured.

I am doing back to back half marathon May 18th and 19th, and in the past have seemed to injure myself in May. Nicer weather, means urge to get more miles!

Looks like you’re going to have an awesomely busy May, haha. So far I have plans for every weekend this month including a friend’s birthday party, my mom’s birthday/Mother’s Day, Hangout Fest, and then Country Bayou Fest. My goal is to stay as healthy and active as possible with all the fun I have planned!

13. Jen Cox says

May 2013 is going to be a busy, fun filled month. A beach trip, wedding, graduations, races, and visits with the family. Yes, there is a lot to do, but I am in complete agreement with you. Enjoy every minute! love the life you live

Daang, girl! That’s a crazy busy May schedule – I’m a little in awe of how you do it. I’m all up for traveling (especially to look busy ;) lol) but after a while I just get too homesick for a long nap and my regular routine. Just a bit too much of a homebody, I suppose! Can’t wait to hear all about your running adventures coming up :)

Goals for May would be to :
    1. Lose some weight
    2. Work on my push-ups.
    3. Work on my sit-ups.
    4. Cut 1 minute off my 1.5 mile time.
    5. Cut 18 seconds off my 300 meter sprint.

You have busy times this month!!!
    My goals are to PB at my marathon #2 this coming Monday and to stay on top of my schoolwork…

17. Andi M says

Love the argyle socks, do you run with them on? I need another way to hide my varicose veins!

May is all about survival…I teach high school seniors and dealing with final GPAs and whether or not some of them will graduate is a nightmare. I have no races on the calendar this month b/c I raced every wkend in April. Good luck!

I’m running a trail race this weekend, first race post-injury, should be interesting.

My oldest daughter turns 14 on May 6th, I feel old.

There’s a half marathon over Memorial Day weekend that I may or may not run…

I don’t have any races planned until the fall. This May, my goal is to study for the Dental Admissions Test! Oh, and graduate college ;)

21. chandra says

May Goal #1: Survive my crazy teaching schedule and attempt to run a little… bascially just make it 3 more weeks until I come out to SanFran!!

May Goal #2: Talk to you more than once this month. ;)

May Goal #3: Eat all the chocolate and drink all the coffee. (Random, I know.)

You’ve got a lot going on this month! My main goal for May is to decide whether or not to register for my first marathon. I really want to, but due to other life circumstances, I’m scared I won’t be able to actually make it to the race! :/

Continue to build up mileage since I’m coming out from a stress fracture.

Major event for the country would be the elections this weekend. It’ll be exciting and I’m hoping to put in a run (or 2) before heading to the voting center.

Sounds like you will be keeping yourself very, very busy! I am so jealous that you get to race so often. I need to make more money so I can run more races. :) I love the goal of staying on top of email–I am so bad at that. My goals for May are to start training for my fall marathon and to clean up my diet a bit and eat more veggies.

Wow that is one busy month….

My goals for May are to enjoy my first ever race – 10k on Sunday in my home town! To lose 5lbs and to get a PB at parkrun.

x