Flashback Friday and RER in other places

Hello and Happy Friday! I got back to Long Beach, CA yesterday around 6pm. Home sweet home. (I don’t live in the LBC, but it’s got my heart.)

image thumb18 Flashback Friday and RER in other places

On the way home I stopped at the store for a quick grocery trip. I need supplies for the weekend! And then this happened…

image thumb19 Flashback Friday and RER in other places

Busted! I blame Ben for the Oreos, but we didn’t need the Snickers ice cream too.

Ironically, I weighed myself this morning and was very happy with the number. This Run, Eat (Snickers Ice Cream), Repeat diet is working!

I also made PB Rice Krispies treats for the race this weekend. It’s a very bare bones trail race so you have to bring your own stuff and the Sole Runners are setting an aide station that we’re all contributing to.pb rice krispies thumb Flashback Friday and RER in other places

Now I have a ton of work to do for my recruiting job (I’m doing contract work for my old company) before I head out of town again tonight.

The craziest week of my life still has one massive hurdle before it’s done – um, my first 30 mile race! <- More on that in a bit. But I started my day with a FitnessGlo stretching video to keep it easy breezy.

Flashback Friday!

Three years ago today I was living in Columbia, MD and went to the Wine in the Woods event where I got drunk and then went to the mall.

wine in the woods thumb Flashback Friday and RER in other places

mall Flashback Friday and RER in other places

drunk at the mall thumb Flashback Friday and RER in other places

RER on the internet machine…

MizFit has my No Bake Cookie Recipe up today

Tina asked me to do a Search me Sunday post on Carrots n’ Cake a while back that’s super fun!

Skinny Runner has some of my favorite tunes here

Question: Oreos or Snickers Ice Cream? Yes, you have to pick one.

Comments

Ever since making snickers salad last weekend, and having unwrapped 52 oz of mini snickers, and only using about half of them I say screw the ice cream bar and just start freezing actual snickers! You won’t regret it, they’re delicious.

Ah, Wine in the Woods… haven’t been since my son was still in diapers. I may have to go back next year – though I think I’ll skip the mall while drunk. I’d probably get on the carousel and scare the kiddies. LOL

3. Amanda says

I will be at wine in the woods this weekend! One of the best wine festivals over here on the east coast :)

Snickers ice cream all the way. Oreos are kinda meh. (Although I love cookies and cream stuff, weird) Also, now I kinda DO want to get drunk at the mall. :)

Good luck on your race! You’ll totally rock it!

I’ve never had Snickers ice cream but I love me some Snickers bar so I feel like I would LOVE ice cream!! Good luck with your race, you all will have some delicious fuel at the least ;)

6. Angelica says

Are you going to update your weight loss section??

Good luck on your ultra! Remember: Easy, Light, Smooth, & Fast :)

Hahaha you’re flashback Friday cracks me up. Reminds me of the time we were day drinking in college and went to the cafeteria for lunch and made a huge scene trying to steal a 3 gallon tub of icecream. Good times.

• AshinMT says

I love this. Reminds me of many day drinking vs. cafeteria adventures with friends. Also of note, i was much less healthy during that time. Ha!

8. Tara says

snickers!
    And to back up that Snickers……I love to take mini snickers and wrap them up in crossiants, and bake, oooohhh yess!

My instinctual answer was Oreos… but then i quickly switched my mind to snickers bar ice cream… and then I thought about Reeses’…

I’m gonna go with my “gut” on this one… and choose Oreo’s!!!!

Congrats on your weight loss and good luck at your race. You inspire me daily :)

You used to live in MD?! Come back and run some races with me! I live in Boonsboro/Hagerstown (if those no-name towns sound familiar to you).

But definitely Oreos. Our snack cabinet is always stocked with a pack.

I think drinking at the mall would be awful for my credit card, like playing Russian roulette with my finances. I’d definitely choose the Snickers Ice Cream bars over Oreos–you get Snickers + ice cream (2 treats in one!) and they just taste better. Good luck getting all of your recruiting work done!

Seriously one of the hardest questions I have ever answered. If they were the triple stuffed I would go oreos but since they were regular I have to go with the ice cream snickers.

Way to power thru your crazy week. Have a blast tomorrow, ultras are the best!!!