Since most of you know I am obsessed with watermelon I have received a ton of emails about the Paleo Watermelon Cake circling the web. I was hoping someone would just make me one and bring it over but I don’t think that’s going to happen.
So, I had to take it upon myself to make a watermelon cake. Buuuut, I didn’t want to make a whole cake and then have to wait for a special occasion to cut into it.
Plus, I figured I’d eat half the watermelon before I frosted it so I needed a work around.
And Watermelon Cupcakes were born!
1. Cut the watermelon in half. Cut around the rind to get the fruit outta the shell.
2. Flip the watermelon flat side down and cut each half into 3 pieces. Cut it down so you have 6 cylindrical chunks (3 from each half).
3. Eat the parts you cut away. Smile.
4. Pat down watermelon pieces with a paper towel. Use thick greek yogurt to ‘frost’. <- The paleo watermelon cake used coconut frosting. That’s probably better, but I’m not cuckoo for coconut.
5. Carefully hold each piece by the top and bottom and roll in nuts.
6. Frost top and add fruit of your choice.
Other Watermelon Updates:
1. A reader sent me this pic of a Watermelon Visor she spotted. I need this.
3. There is a WATERMELON RUN in Long Beach this week!! But, I’ll be in New York that day, so I’m going to miss it. My tiny little black heart is sad about this.
Question: Watermelon Oreos? Yay or Nay?
Disclaimer: This post is part of my deep passionate love for watermelon / sponsored partnership with the Watermelon Board. All opinions are my own.
Join the 21 Day Run Camp now!
Do you want to run faster, stronger or longer? Join in!