Just the Tip Tuesday – Two Meals in One

Happy Tuesday! How’s it going with you?

Today was a running rest day so I took a little walk and then made eggs and toast.

image thumb15 Just the Tip Tuesday – Two Meals in One

I’m still pumped after IDEA Fit so I wanted to try a new group fitness class today. I did fat burning pilates and it was just okay, but mostly because it’s not my style. I probably will not go back to that class, but I will make it a point to get to Zumba asap!

Lunch! I ended up throwing together a random mix for dinner last night and it turned out delicious.

Cooked up quinoa then added – handful sun dried tomatoes, shredded cheese, mushrooms, peas and 2 chopped chicken & feta sausages. I seasoned it with a big dollop of butter, garlic, salt and pepper.

image thumb16 Just the Tip Tuesday – Two Meals in One

Just the Tip Tuesday

Make two dinners at once!

It’s hot. I don’t want to turn on the oven everyday so I made two dinners at once the other night and it was great.

Last week when I made the stuffed peppers I bought 2 packs of ground meat.

IMG 2842 533x800 thumb1 Just the Tip Tuesday – Two Meals in One

I made the stuffed peppers with the first pack and made meatloaf with the second pack. It was a super easy version. To the lean ground meat I added – cup of salsa, garlic powder, salt, pepper, 2 eggs. Mix.

IMG 2849 800x533 thumb Just the Tip Tuesday – Two Meals in One

Have your little brother form a loaf. Bake at 350 until done.

IMG 2855 533x800 thumb Just the Tip Tuesday – Two Meals in One

IMG 2856 800x533 thumb Just the Tip Tuesday – Two Meals in One

will ferrel loves meatloaf too thumb Just the Tip Tuesday – Two Meals in One

Question: Is meat loaf just a huge hamburger or what?

pin it button Just the Tip Tuesday – Two Meals in One

Comments

1. Meg says

Just made your peanut butter protein balls yesterday and chile relleno casserole today. Seriously, your recipes have been top notch lately! Time for a Monican cookbook?? ;)

After we have meatloaf my husband always turns the leftovers into sandwiches, which are essentially hamburgers, so yes, in my opinion, meatloaf is pretty much just a big hamburger that you have to slice :) But it’s delish!

3. Jen says

Definitely not a huge burger! I don’t put anything in burgers except salt and pepper, for meatloaf I add an egg and seasoning (ahem, 8 gallons of hot sauce). On the flip side of your question, my husband wants me to make him a chicken fried meatloaf cheeseburger for his birthday, so maybe you’re right after all. ;)

I never would’ve thought of throwing sun dried tomatoes in the quinoa dish, but that sounds so great! I’m trying that this week. Thanks for the recipes, and keep them coming. Yours are so much easier than these other fancypants food blogs.

5. april says

i’ve been craving turkey meatloaf like crazy lately – i keep meaning to make it for dinner. i always cook up a big batch of quinoa to eat with my dinner throughout the week, though. it saves a ton of time!

6. Sarah G. says

Meatloaf is totally a giant burger, at least when I make it. I use meat, eggs, a little bit of bread crumbs, worcestershire sauce, finely diced onions and top it with ketchup. now that i read that, it sounds pretty gross, but trust me – it’s not.

I love your quinoa idea, though! I just need to get over my fear of chicken sausage…

I have only tried meatloaf once recently and I liked it. Before I don’t know if just didn’t look good to me when I was younger! I like your simple ingredients I will try it soon :)

I’ve never been a big meatloaf fan. Mostly because nearly every one I’ve tried has been dry and I think that’s a waste of good meat. I’d rather have a juicy hamburger with cheese on top.
    Oooh, what about making a meatloaf with shredded cheese or something mixed into it? That couldn’t be bad!

I got to say that meatloaf always confused me. I meant I don’t think it’s a hamburger or anything, but I can’t lie it taste delicious.