Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Frap Recipe

Fall is here! Well, actually the rain is here is Florida. Loud and proud. I almost drowned on my run today. I didn’t even take my Garmin because it was raining so much I didn’t want to chance it. So, I have no idea how much I did.

rainy day in Florida 800x450 thumb Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Frap Recipe

Back to eating…  Fall / pumpkin season has arrived. And with it comes all of blogland freaking the heck out over Pumpkin. Pumpkin Lattes! Pumpkin Bread! Pumpkin toothpaste! You want it, we got it.

pumpkin spiced latte skinny thumb Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Frap Recipe

Specifically, I have a protein packed Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino recipe for you today!

pumpkin spice frap recipe with protein thumb Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Frap Recipe

Pumpkin Spice Frappe Recipe

Ingredients:

• 1 cup coffee (brewed strong)
  • 2 Tb. canned pumpkin
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or chai flavor)
  • ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • ice cubes (I use 3 or 4 big ones)
  • optional: packet sugar/stevia to sweeten
  • whipped cream, sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon

IMG 3602 800x533 thumb Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Frap Recipe

Blend. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon. Enjoy!

IMG 3629 533x800 thumb Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Frap Recipe

Question: How many pumpkin drinks have you enjoyed so far this year?

I actually don’t like pumpkin flavor in my iced coffee (and that’s what I drink daily) so this shake is the only one so far! I am craving some pumpkin desserts though!

pin it button Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Frap Recipe

Comments

That sounds yummy! I got some vanilla protein shake samples from my last tri, so I will definitely try this out with them (my hubs only buys chocolate protein, so that’s what we always have in the house).

I’ve had about a dozen pumpkin lattes so far. And an uncountable amount of Wegmans pumpkin roll slices. Oops.

that looks delicious! I might have to try your recipe out after my long run on Sunday.

I’ve had 0 (sacrilege, i know) pumpkin themed drinks so far this year, BUT I started making pumpkin pies already – that kinda counts right?? I figure if I start baking pies now, i’ll have it perfect by Thanksgiving (also a great excuse to have pie for breakfast)

Nothing pumpkin here yet either….I wonder if I OverDosed on all pumpkin goodness last year and its taking me a little slower to warm up to the idea of fall and alll things pumpkin?

I haven’t jumped on the pumpkin train yet this season. I think I’m denying that it’s Fall yet — but my jacket tells me otherwise.
    Does that mean I’m shunned from the blogger world?

I’ve had a couple PSL’s, and made a chocolate pumpkin loaf that was a spectacular fail. I didn’t cook it long enough and it was super raw in the middle yet. But I’m trying to pace myself, it’s a long season!

I try to go out for coffee only once a week, and I got a pumpkin chai latte from Peet’s that’s super yummy (but I asked for half the pumps). This protein pumpkin one sounds delicious!

I have sadly not had any pumpkin drinks yet. When I pull up to Starbucks, my caffeine deprived brain operating on auto pilot orders my usual skinny cinnamon dolce latte. But I have made pumpkin cookies, whole wheat pumpkin muffins and even tried the pumpkin spice M&Ms….they are amazing!! I highly highly recommend!

Maybe I should check our local Starbucks or Coffee Bean and see if they’re offering Pumpkin Spiced Lattes – sorry, we don’t have the Fall season here. It’s just summer 365 days. :)

9. allie says

this might be a dumb question… but do you also add ice when you blend? or a frozen banana or something? wondering where the cold factor comes in..

Sucks to run in the rain but it shall pass. Now that pumpkin protein shake sounds super good. Going to have to try that this weekend. with the added plus of caffeine.

11. Happier Heather says

I’m not a fan of pumpkin at ALL, with the exception being pumpkin beer. I’m hoping to get my hands on a pumpkin beer tonight post-run!