Best Running Songs of 2013

Happy Friday! How’s your life going?

Last night we went out to dinner as a last minute-no-one-wants-to-cook kinda deal and it was a great choice. First, crab cakes. Hello, one of my favorites.

crab cake 668x501 thumb Best Running Songs of 2013

I got the salmon salad and also stole a few pieces of pizza.

salmon salad dinner 725x544 thumb Best Running Songs of 2013

pizza dinner 668x501 thumb Best Running Songs of 2013

This morning I enjoyed another gorgeous run around this sleepy Florida town. We’re on the Gulf Coast and there are a lot of little bays and waterways throughout the city. I always stop and peek for manatees. There weren’t any today…

beautiful florida bay 376x501 thumb Best Running Songs of 2013

Eight miles done.

8 mile run on the garmin 376x501 thumb Best Running Songs of 2013

I’ve been eating cookies, cake and ice cream every night and really need to get back to some cleaner eating. Luckily, breakfast is always easy to keep clean wlEmoticon smile6 Best Running Songs of 2013

oatmeal with peanut butter and eggs 668x501 thumb Best Running Songs of 2013

And some JOY via Dunkin Donuts.

joy dunkin donuts 376x501 thumb Best Running Songs of 2013

10 best running songs of 2013 Best Running Songs of 2013

Now it’s time to talk about the BEST Running Music for the year. Good music can really make a bad run feel great (or at least distract you from the pain). So here are the

10 Best Running Songs of 2013

1. Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus

2. Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke

3. Black Skinhead by Kanye West

4. Holy Grail by Jay Z and JT

5. Work B!tch by Britney Spears

6. Wake Me Up by Avicii

7. Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey featuring Cedric Gervais

8. Timber by Pitbull

9. The Monster by Eminen feat Rihanna

10. My Momma’s Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert

Question: What’s your favorite Running / Workout Song of the year?

pin it button Best Running Songs of 2013

Comments

1. Charlotte says

I love “Kaya” by Bob Marley. Something about the beat really puts a pep in my step and sets my pace! And no, I don’t love the actual “kaya” plant. Lol!

Great list! I love these songs…well all of them but Miley.
    I have eaten so many treats the last few weeks that I am actually looking forward to eating clean again. I just need everyone to stop tempting me with all the homemade deliciousness!

3. Stacy says

For me, I NEED to have “Replay” by Zendaya but the Jason Nevins dance remix for a faster beat. This song really gets me going! :)

4. Susy says

I love running to “Wake Me Up” by Avicii. I like playing it towards the end of my run because it helps speed me up. I hadn’t thought of Amanda Lambert’s song as a running song, more as a song to keep playing after a guy no longer asks me out haha. I’ll add it to my list. Time to update songs.

5. Alicia says

Lately I really like “Rough Water” by Travie McCoy toward the end of my run, especially when the lyrics hit “hold tight, it’s gonna get hard to breath” and I speed up my pace.

Most of my running playlist is 80s music – Blurred Lines is the only song from this list that I have even heard before – lol! Bronski Beat Smalltown Boy is probably my favorite running song, and A-Ha Take On Me a close second!

7. Nikki says

While “Blurred Lines” has a catchy beat, I’m disappointed to see it make the list because of its close association with rape. This article does a nice job of explaining just how harmful Thicke’s song is to women (and men, too – women aren’t the only rape victims):

There are lots of other catchy songs with similar beats that don’t support a culture that shies away from fully informed consent. In fact, Marvin Gaye’s “Got To Give It Up” (which some consider to be where Thicke got his inspiration for the sound of “Blurred Lines”) is a great substitute. While the song isn’t free from sexual implications, it at least doesn’t suggest that actions (rather than words) imply consent.

Certainly you can listen to what you want. I just wanted to point out the connotation with rape and suggest an alternative. :)

8. Annemarie/Carmier says

This is a terrific list! I would add #1 Bum by Luscious Jackson. I hear you on the cookies and cakes! I started the a Doctor Oz holiday detox yesterday (featuring a watermelon and coconut water drink!) but was jumped by some candies when I got home! I will try again tomorrow!

9. gina says

it’s a nice list, and the suggestions on some comments. I’m trying to update my list. As power song I have Forever More from Moloko and Tokyo Drift, Teriyaki Boyz.