Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

Happy Monday!

Since I ran a little over 26 miles yesterday I am taking it easy with some yoga today. It feels so good to s-t-r-e-t-c-h!!!

virtual yoga Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

Pumpkin Oats… someone asked how I make my oatmeal last week and it’s been a while since I mentioned it so even though it’s not an impressive recipe, it works.

pumpkin oatmeal 668x501 thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

Right now because I’m lazy I have been using two packets of Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal – lower sugar version (or one packet if I’m having it with eggs). I cook that in the microwave and then add 1/4 cup pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, dash of salt, some kind of sweetener and heat again until HOT. Then, I top with nut butter and sometimes sf syrup if I’m feeling frisky.

breakfast doesnt mess around 725x544 thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

RunDisney Costume Talk…

The Walt Disney World Marathon is this weekend! Sadly, I will not be running it as I’ll be somewhere far far away. But I love a good Run Disney race and I love dressing up for them.

I was Ariel for the Tinkerbelle Half Marathon a while back. My How to Make an Ariel Costume for running is that link.

ariel running cosutme thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

awkward ariel thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

I dressed up as Jessie from Toy Story for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in November.

20131109 232154 800x600 thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

That was the BEST costume choice because:

A.) There were not a lot of other Jesses.

B.) She had red hair and that’s a requirement for my costume.

C.) I have never in my life been cheered for so much! Spectators and the cast members especially screamed “GO JESSE!!!” when I ran by. I’m actually considering changing my name to that officially.

Anyway. The Disneyworld Marathon is this weekend and I wanted to share how I threw together my costume before the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.

how to make jesse toy story costume run disney thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

How to Make a Jesse Run Disney Costume

Supplies:

• Red Cowboy Hat. I got this at a Halloween store.
  • White shirt, preferably with collar. I got mine at Target, it looks like it’s meant for playing tennis.
  • Red ribbon
  • Hot glue gun, scissors
  • Blue Sparkle Skirt (Plus whatever shorts or capris you like to run in underneath that.)
  • Cow print socks
  • Optional: Yellow bands for around wrists.

Cut ribbon and attach in “V” patter on shirt with hot glue gun. Optional: Add a design with ribbon.

run disney costume supplies for half marathon jessie costume 777x437 thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

Jesse running costume all laid out on the bed before the race:

jesse running costume for run disney thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

The cowboy hat and cow socks can be expensive and hard to find but they make the costume! I was lucky enough to borrow socks from According to Kelly, but the cowboy hat was $$$.

IMG 20131110 001827 768x768 thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

Luckily, I really did keep it on the whole race and will hold onto it for Halloween or if I want to start a new life on a ranch someday…

20131109 213838 600x800 thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

You can get cow socks on amazon for $17.00. Cowboy hats are around $20.00. You can get them for 10 bucks if you can fit into a child’s size, but I couldn’t fit into a kids hat when I was actually a kid so there’s no hope for me now.

jesse running costume thumb Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

And now we all know what I’m going to be for Halloween wlEmoticon winkingsmile2 Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

Question: Who has run or is going to run a Disney race this year?

pin it button Run Disney Jessie Running Costume

Comments

I’m running the Dopey Challenge this weekend! (Half marathon #10, full marathon #2) I trained decently yet still feel really unprepared.

You could also make your own cow socks by sewing black spots onto any pair of white socks. Just make sure the socks are stretched out when you sew the spots on or you will never be able to get the socks on. But don’t, please, sew on the spots while you’re wearing the socks!!!

I hand-sewed stars onto a pair of socks by doing a few button stitches on each corner. Easy to attach and take off, and I think it would be the same with spots.

My requirement for running costumes is it has to be a red head also! I’ve done Ariel (twice) and Merida. For Tink in two weeks I’ll be Jessie!

Running the Disney princess half marathon is on my fitness bucket list for sure! I would love to run in any of Disney races though. Your Jessie costume was perfect, the socks are so cute as well and it looks like a costume you can actually run in!

If youre missing disney while in china just pretend youre in epcot china for a minute and then remember is real china and that’s way cooler. I definitely hope to do some disney running someday it looks so fun!

6. Cindy Nguyen says

Taking off to the Disneyworld Marathon Weekend tomorrow! Doing the Dopey challenge! YIKES!! And am 99% pretty sure I am going to sign up for the Disneyland Half Marathon in August to get the coast to coast!

FRIGGIN PAUSE.

I know this was totally not the point of this post, but are you telling me there’s a such thing as low-sugar maple brown sugar oatmeal? I have to get it now. That was my favorite, favorite flavor as a kid, and I have not yet figured out how to eat it without eating my daily allotment of sugar a day. Yay for new discoveries!

That’s not too pricey considering people will spend that plus some on an outfit for a night on the town. Plus it looks fantastic! I’ve got my eye on the Disney Half in August and I’m equally as stressed out about the costume as I am the race itself haha.

9. Rhonda says

Running the princess half in February for the 2nd year and running the Disney half in September so I can get my coast to coast medal!! Can’t wait!!!

10. Kelly says

I’m doing the Tinkerbell 10K at Disneyland in 2 weeks. I wanted to do the half marathon but, alas, it was sold out. I really need to get to work on a costume. And train, of course.

11. Marcy says

I’m heading to the Disney marathon this weekend for my first ever full marathon…unfortunately, I’ve had some pretty bad IT band issues so my training has been less than successful. I’m counting on my Snow White costume to be magical enough to at least let me cross the finish line upright!

Was it hard to run in the hat?? I would love to pull off a costume like this but I’m not sure if it would drive me nuts to keep having to replace and adjust the hat! Any tips!?
    Thanks!!

Super cute costume! I think your hair in braids is what really what makes you look like Jessie! I’ll be running several Disney races this year and couldn’t be more excited!

PS: Did you know that you can buy pumpkin spice oatmeal at Target? That might be easier for you for when you are in a hurry.

I ran Wine and Dine, too, and was right in front of you for much of the first half. I thought about dropping back and joining your party, but got a case of “omg, they’ll think I’m a weirdo internet party crashing creeper” and didn’t. Obvs, since we haven’t met.

I’m doing Tink next week dressed as Wendy Darling and Princess in Feb. as Mary Poppins. First time ever running in costume. I *made* tutus. I can barely make cereal.

Have so much fun on your trip!

15. Sunshine says

I love your costume! I am making “Jesse” and “Woody” costumes as gifts for a friend and her husband who are joining us for Wine & Dine 2014. I may be reduced to coloring in Zensah compression sleeves with a black sharpie for the “cow look.” Even if sweet Kelly were to offer to loan me something to wear, there is nothing in her closet that would fit my ten-pound pet Shih Tzu, much less ME! ;)