Friday Favorites and Random Facts

Hello! How was your week?

Mine was kinda stressful. Mostly because I didn’t really drink. I don’t know why but I just feel a lot of anxiety this week?!? Do you ever get like that?

i need sleep and coffee thumb Friday Favorites and Random Facts

*Note: I do not need a hug, thanks.

I’m thinking it’s because I have the Natural Products Expo all day Friday and then the LA Marathon events this weekend and then Catalina next weekend. And overall, I just don’t feel on top of things at home. So all that makes a lot of noise in my head and I’m stressed….

Bah.

But the show must go on.

Yesterday I did a quick grocery trip to Costco. Check it out on Instagram.

And made these delicious twice baked potatoes. Recipe coming Monday!!

twice baked potatoes 669x502 thumb Friday Favorites and Random Facts

Friday Favorites and Fun Random Monican Facts

1. I am in love with these Mocha almonds. They are somewhat better for you than dark chocolate covered almonds (although not as awesome) and they have a lil caffeine boost.

coffee almonds with cocoa 386x515 thumb Friday Favorites and Random Facts

2. Not-so-fun-fact: I bite my nails. Yes, horrible habit but I am not losing sleep over it. Luckily, light pink nail shades help me hide this secret. This week I’m digging You Calling Me A Lyre nail polish by OPI.

3. Shanghai Girls… almost done with this book. It’s not amazing, but I do love that it gets me to log off the computer at night.

shanghai girls novel 376x502 thumb Friday Favorites and Random Facts

Fun fact: That is a paper towel I’m using as a bookmarker. I have no idea why.

4. Random Fact: My brother and I refer to everyday items as a Chimichanga. As in, “Hey! Gimme the chimichanga!!” when asking someone to hand them the remote control.

you are a chimichanga 376x502 thumb Friday Favorites and Random Facts

5. This.

always be yourself thumb Friday Favorites and Random Facts

6. And this.

dont tell me what was said about me jay z thumb Friday Favorites and Random Facts

(I saw this on Instagram via the gorgeous Courtney Kerr, but don’t think she was the first to post it.)

7. Friday Favorite News – Salted Watermelon WON the Rock N Roll Marathon contest!!! Thank you to everyone who voted for me watermelon.

salted watermelon gu won thumb Friday Favorites and Random Facts

I feel like I should get this watermelon smile tee to celebrate…

Question: What’s your favorite thing this week?

Comments

My favorite thing this week is my freshly groomed dog.
    I picked him up yesterday afternoon and couldn’t stop cuddling him. He is so soft and smells delish. We spooned all night.

I am totally not embarrassed to share this. Or maybe I am. :)

Looking forward to the tb potato recipe (not to be confused with the tp you got at Costco :)

YES salted watermelon FTW! That’s the ONLY way I eat my watermelon. I will be on a lookout for these.

Fave thing this week is getting my 4K for Cancer road bike tomorrow! It’s the bike I will be riding across the country this summer, and I can’t wait to start training on it :D

My favorite thing would probably be Purely Elizabeth granola. Granted I’ve been shoving it in my mouth for a couple months now, but it was the first thing to pop into my head. I don’t have a problem.

I decided to take a half day today and spend the morning skiing while working the rest of the afternoon from the flat in Verbier. Best decision ever!

Salted watermelon! Weird fact about me…I always put salt on my watermelon. It tastes so much better that way. I will keep an eye out for that flavour for sure.
    My favourite thing this week was my vacation!

6. Rob Runs says

I gotta admit, I voted against the salted watermelon. I really dislike watermelon, but I might try one during the race (doing the half). My favorite thing about this week is probably… beginning taper for the race!

There must be something going around this week- I was away for work for a few days and when I got back everything was out of control.

Lisa See’s mom, Carolyn, also an author, was one if my professors at UCLA!

I’ve used some pretty random things as bookmarks before, usually whatever is laying around. Sometimes even my phone, it’s one of the many unknown purposes of the iPhone.

My favorite things this week are the great sleep I’ve been getting. And carb loading for the LA Marathon. And birthday cake Oreos. Oh yeah, those are awesome.

10. Anel says

My favorite thing this week was the homemade croutons that I made. I know , what an exciting thing, right? But I didn’t burn them! I burn everything so that’s a win for me! Good luck on Sunday and have fun!

My favorite thing is getting back outside and hitting the streets for runs this week and not being completely stuck to the ol’ treadmill! <3 sunshine and fresh air!

My favorite thing this week: Looking for signs of Spring! It’s been ridiculously cold and snowy for DC–we aren’t used to this! I’ve been looking for little flower shoots popping up through the snow, and I’ve found a couple. Also, if one more person tells me we are getting another round of snow flurries, I WILL KILL THEM DEAD.

13. Chris Cossairt says

It’s been a stressful week for me as well. Next week my students take our state’s reading and writing test. Since I work with Title I students who struggle, it’s been a challenge getting them ready for these tests. But on the upside, it’s 53 degrees and sunny so I can finally run outside! Also, salted watermelon GU sounds wonderful!

My favorite thing this week was getting together for my book club last night. Lots of laughter and fun. The fall-out, however, was that I was too tired for my planned 6-miler this morning. Womp womp.

15. Becky says

I liked that book and the sequel ‘Dreams of Joy’…and everything else written by Lisa See!

My favorite thing this week was my new foam roller……I LOVE IT!