Egg Salad with Avocado

egg salad with avocado recipe no mayo thumb Egg Salad with Avocado

First… huge huge huge CONGRATULATIONS to Meb who WON the Boston Marathon today. He’s the first American to win since 1983!!!!! Amazing.

image thumb14 Egg Salad with Avocado

(From Time)

I’ll wait till he’s back in SoCal to congratulate him in person since we’re totally friends he just doesn’t know.

monica and meb thumb Egg Salad with Avocado

It was already such a beautiful, inspiring day but this just took my runner pride over the top!

I came home with a few goodies from my mom’s Easter dinner. This loot included awesome gum from the Easter bunny…

image thumb15 Egg Salad with Avocado

…hard-boiled eggs and avocados (my mom has a tree).

eggs and avocado 800x600 thumb Egg Salad with Avocado

I am not opposed to mayonnaise on any level…

honey boo boo mayonnaise 400x300 thumb Egg Salad with Avocado eating mayo thumb Egg Salad with Avocado

But I am extremely partial to avocado so I decided to swap out mayo for avocado and make egg salad with avocado for dinner. Easy Meatless Monday FTW.

egg salad sandwich with avocado 800x600 thumb Egg Salad with Avocado

Avocado Egg Salad:

• 4 hard-boiled eggs (I used 2 whole eggs and 2 whites)
  • 1/2 cup smashed avocado
  • to taste: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt

Directions: Smash. Eat. Repeat.

egg salad with avocado no mayo 600x800 thumb Egg Salad with Avocado

Question: What are you having for dinner?

Comments

Yummm, sounds good! Thanks for the idea.
    Tonight we had broiled tilapia (lots of it) with kale and mushrooms sautéed in garlic & walnut oil. Different from olive oil really good!
    Big congrats to Meb. I totally hope he gets to meet you.

Love avocado egg salad – one of my favorite things ever!!!
    BTW – I haven’t been here in a bit I guess but I love the changes to your site – everything looks awesome!!

We had leftover meatloaf with cauliflower mashed potatoes! Now about to crack open a fresh container of coconut ice cream! Yum yum! That avocado egg salad looks delicious! I’ll have to give it a shot this week!

Whoops! As Kara Goucher pointed out on her twitter today, Meb was the first American to win since 1985, when American Lisa Larsen Weidenbach won. So Meb was the first American man to win since 1983. Can’t forget those females! :P

Egg salad with avocado? I never would have thought of that. But both are foods that I love.
    I did have a tuna and avocado sandwich the other day and I thought it was pretty great.

6. Anne says

IF ONLY my fiance like avacado!! I think this looks delish. I also had eggs last night… just of the scrambled variety :)

7. Alison says

This is the second time I’ve seen egg salad with avocado in two days, so it must be kismet! I planned on doing this last night, but my avocado wasn’t ripe yet. Instead, I left it on the counter overnight and then chopped some up to put in my regular egg salad for lunch today. Maybe a little overkill with the mayo still in there, but it’s pretty tasty!

You have combined two of my favorite things Avocado, and Egg Salad. Can’t wait to try this, and thank you for all the amazing recipe ideas!! Keep em coming please! :) And how cool to have a pic with Meb!