Team Vega–Fuel Your Better

So. I guess I’m going away this weekend. More info coming, but I am super excited!

I took the ‘less’ out of “Meatless” Monday and added chicken breasts to the peanut sauce noodles leftovers. Seriously, meal prep is the BEST. Do you do it?

meal prep is the best 800x600 thumb Team Vega–Fuel Your Better

This afternoon I had a protein shake as an afternoon snack. I used Vega vanilla protein powder, almond milk and ice. That’s it. I also had a few spoonfuls of PB on the side wlEmoticon winkingsmile3 Team Vega–Fuel Your Better

sipping a smoothie 640x640 thumb Team Vega–Fuel Your Better

I’m a big fan of Vega protein powder since it’s vegan and made with pea protein. Now I’m excited to try the rest of the endurance line.

Vega is launching a new Fuel Your Better resource site to help YOU with your nutritional needs during training (or life).

You can check out suggestions on everything from what to eat during marathon training to how to deal with hitting the wall and muscle soreness.

image thumb14 Team Vega–Fuel Your Better

Since it’s hot I kinda only want salad and fro-yo for dinner. I’m eating some cheese and crackers courtesy of Cabot while I decide on what I’m going to make. Their “Everything Bagel” cheese is delicious!

cheese and crackers and wine and wine and wine 800x600 thumb Team Vega–Fuel Your Better

This quote reminded me of Dave McGillivray’s quote “Your Game, Your Rules” – “Your Body. Your Rules.” Love it.

And I also love her bootie, this is kinda how I’d like to think I look half naked.

your body your rules 640x640 thumb Team Vega–Fuel Your Better

But, Vegas’ reaction to me taking off my clothes makes me think I have some work to do…

put your clothes on  thumb Team Vega–Fuel Your Better

Question: Did you meal prep this week?

Comments

I’m still working on making my Vega protein smoothies taste better. I usually add berries (raspberries most often, since they mask the powder’s flavor best), almond milk, maybe some PB (or PB2), frozen greens, chia. I just can’t get over the pea protein taste! :( I tried making pancakes with it last week and SUCH A BAD IDEA I CAN’T EVEN.

Boo. I hate when I have a protein powder that I don’t like – they’re so expensive! I use almond milk with it and think it comes out pretty good.

I made Cuban style black beans and a pork tenderloin in the crock pot Monday, so I’ve been eating that all week. Does that count as meal prep? :)

I am so not into meal prepping! Sometimes we cook up extra chicken on the weekend when we’re having it for dinner and I have to admit it is nice to have it around in a pinch.

I should give this a try. It’s so difficult to find vegan protein – so far I’ve only tried and used soy and wheat. Both works but a change would be nice too. Meal preps (usually dinners) are every 2 days – means I’ve the same thing 2 days in a row.

4. Andrea says

Why does every post lately have to include a close up of you sucking on a straw? It’s really gross.

Lots of friends use vega. It’s great for people who can’t have soy like me. I am getting closer to jumping on the protein shake bandwagon.

I am not much of a meal prepper. But today I packed a peach, an avocado and some raw almonds to go along with whatever I buy for lunch. At least I know I have some healthy fat and protein. :)

I hated the idea of meal prepping and resisted it for the longest time, but last year I started batch cooking on the weekends and it’s so nice when I get home to just pop something in the microwave. That everything cheese sounds amazing!

7. Tara says

Definitely meal plan. This weeks lunch-Costco Kale salad mix (thanks to your posting of it, it is SOOO good!) with a Quinoa, sweet potato & black bean cassarole.
    Dinners are all planned out (well, expect tonight is game 7 of the Bruins, and we must go watch it out, so tonights meal plan will be moved to Friday!!)

I do all my meal prepping on the weekend. It just makes life easier when I have all my meals planned out and ready to go for me during the work week. I barely have time to sleep much less cook. I should try the vega powder. I don’t do soy but this may be a good option. They just sent me their new bars to try and they were delicious!

9. Amy says

I have heard so many good things about Vega One. It seems like every blogger and athlete promotes it. I really do want to try it, but it’s so expensive (I’m on a tight budget), and I’m not sure if I want to buy a whole tub/container of it to try it. Also, I think the whole “Pea Protein” thing sounds great, but I also want to try/taste it to make sure, which is another reason why I don’t want to buy a whole container.

Do you know if Vega One offers people to buy samples for a discount…or do you think you’ll be going a “Giveaway” for it anytime soon? I know you do those quite a bit with products.

Okay..thank you!
    ~Amy :-)

I think I know where you are going this weekend and I think I am SUPER jealous.

Yes I meal prep for my lunches and it saves me big time. I make a HUGE salad on Sunday nights that usually lasts 3-4 lunches and then the rest of the week is some kind of left over from dinners. Need to figure out better meal prep/planning for dinners though.

I want VEGA but I would need a second mortgage on my house. Oh and I just rent so that’s not gonna work….

I do meal prep when I’m working since I’ll be there for 12 hours and try to steer clear of the cafeteria. Is that cheese gluten free? It looks delish!

12. Andrea says

I LOVE Vegan Shakeology. I’ll have to try the Vega, but it’ll be tough to beat my Shakeology!