Hello! My name is Monican and I am a runner.
I have kept an eye, ear and foot out all year for the BEST Running Gifts, gadgets and gear for the runner in your life.
So here is a list… check it twice… for the runner in your life who’s kinda nice!
Best Gifts for Runners:
1. Hat or ear covers or Gloves with touch screen fingers. These are the lil areas of the body that hurt the most when it’s cold out and are sometimes forgotten until we’re headed out for a run!
Nike Touch Screen Gloves (65.00)
North Face Running Gloves – love the bright yellow! (25.00)
C9 Gloves by Champion (12.79)
Under Armour Beanie (19.00)
Fleece Headband <- I had one like this that I LOVED but lost it. (35.00)
2. A memory book of their race bibs and/or running pictures.
I personally would probably use Costco to make a photo book – I used them to a photo calendar for my mom last year and it was easy, pretty and she loved it!
Tip: Leave a few sporadic pages blank and tape in race bibs if they keep them.
3. Fun running shirt. May I suggest a Run Eat Repeat tee from my Spreadshirt shop??
4. Certificate for a race entry. If you don’t know what race they want to run just make a certificate! <- working on a printable version of this now. Stay tuned.
5. GPS watch. The most popular GPS running watches include:
TomTom Runner Cardio watch <- Just got this one. Review coming!!!
Garmin 10 GPS Watch <- this is what I’ve been using as of this week.
My Garmin 410 was awesome, but has broken twice now and is discontinued.
6. Running shoes! The most important piece of gear in a runner’s closet is their shoes. They should be replaced at least every 500 miles – more often if you use them outside of running or they feel like they’re breaking down.
Tip: Spy on their feets and find out exactly what brand, model and size. Take a few pics of their shoes and the size and take it with you to the store.
7. Certificate for a massage or pedicure. Dreamy.
8. Sweat wicking running top or running capris/pants. I love new running gear!!! Some ideas that they can wear right away…
Run Happy Long Sleeve (28.00)
Mizuno Running Pants for guys
9. Make a quilt out of their race tees!
10. SportHooks for their race medals.
11. Run themed jewelry like a “Run” bracelet or 26.2 charm necklace.
It’s not a sprint it’s a marathon charm bangle (28.00)
Fun shoe charm (47.00)
13.1 charm necklace (49.00)
12. New music for their phone or ipod to listen to on the run. I would love it if someone took my ipod and added some dope jams – for some reason that always takes me forever to do!
Question: What’s on your holiday wish list?