1. I saw on Twitter that it’s World Suicide Prevention Day.
A little girl in my brother’s 8th grade class took her own life. I don’t know what to say to express how sad and horrible that is for her, for her family and for all the kids in that class that had to be told what happened. It’s just heartbreaking.
I would hate to imagine someone I love being in such a bad place that they wanted to die or hurt themselves.
If you need help please call a suicide hotline, text or you can chat online with someone. >>> http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html
Lifeline crisis chat (if you don’t want to call): http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/LifelineChat.aspx
It’s hard to transition from this topic, but I’d rather this be a little awkward than not mention it at all.
2. ProCompression has awesome rainbow socks. I love all their colorful designs!
Tip: ProCompression has a booth at all the Rock N Roll Marathon races and a lot of other races too. You can buy the compression socks and sleeves there but popular designs sell out fast so if you are really set on a certain pair buy them online.
3. Sabra is coming out with so many new products! (I am working with them on the sandwich spreads – post coming soon.) And I spotted this “Taco Inspired” hummus at Ralph’s this week!!
I visited the Sabra headquarters in January and was able to try all their new products. There are so many awesome flavors coming out!
4. I am still very into my afternoon walks. It’s just a good time to unwind after being in front of the computer all day. I use the time to listen to podcasts, call a friend or just zone out and breathe fresh air.
5. Ben’s birthday was this week and we went to Ironwood in Laguna Hills for dinner. It was so good! Everything from the cocktails to the dessert was delicious.
This is a brownie with nutella gelato. It was amazing. We both considered going back today for another one!
After dinner Ben and Vegas crashed on the couch. (He’s not holding the phone he had his hand on my back.)
Seriously I know some people don’t like cats but Vegas can be super cute every now and then…
Race discounts: Check out the Race Discounts page for coupon codes for the upcoming Revel Race Marathon and Half Marathon AND the Lexus Lace Up race series AND the RNR Marathon series. A few of the races (like Revel City) are coming up soon and you need to train if you’re going to run!
Question: What are you up to this weekend? Running? Racing? Eating? Sleeping?
Run SMART Goals
Fill out this form to get the SMART Running Goals worksheet to your inbox!