Waffle Wednesday with Pumpkin Creme

Hello and Happy Wednesday icon smile Waffle Wednesday with Pumpkin Creme

I started my day with a 6 mile run. I don’t think I gave myself enough recovery time after this weekend’s long run because I can’t seem to shake the soreness in my quads. Tomorrow is a rest day. Deal.

In honor of Waffle Wednesday I made Waffles topped with Pumpkin Crème.IMG 1343 thumb Waffle Wednesday with Pumpkin Creme

Pumpkin Crème Recipe:

~1/4 to 1/3c Pumpkin

~1/4 to 1/3c Greek yogurt

1 Packet Stevia or

1 1/2 tsp. sugar

Pumpkin Pie spice to taste

Mix together, then heat in microwave for about a minute. Spread on top of waffles or pancakes. *I didn’t measure the pumpkin or greek yogurt, hence the estimate.IMG 1341 thumb Waffle Wednesday with Pumpkin Creme

I topped my waffles with the Pumpkin Crème, granola and almonds. I also ended up adding a bit of syrup because I like it sweet icon smile Waffle Wednesday with Pumpkin Creme IMG 1342 thumb Waffle Wednesday with Pumpkin Creme

Don’t know what to top your waffle with…
wafflin waffle Waffle Wednesday with Pumpkin Creme
www.nataliedee.com

Let me make it easy for ya, Pumpkin Creme icon smile Waffle Wednesday with Pumpkin Creme

Question: What day of the week is your “Rest Day”? Does it change week to week?

Mine is pretty much always Thursday and Sunday.

Comments

Mine changes from week to week depending on what I have going on. It’s kind of weird because now that my half marathon is over, I feel sort of lost with what to do for exercise! I have to figure out something else to sign up for so I have something on my calendar to focus on.

i think i failed in the “recover from this weekend” department too because my quads are still sore. ah-noy-ing!

yummy waffles! i need to break down and buy a waffle maker

My rest days are Wednesdays (yay!) and Fridays. Though I try to do some sort of active recovery one of those days (usually walking or yoga).

I need to break out the pumpkin – you have me craving it now! :)

Usually i’ll do a Rest day before the LR, so Friday. Then on Sunday I take it easy and cruise on the bike, do yoga or go for a hike/walk (i.e. “active” recovery :) ). The legs are definitely happy to let you know when they’re tired, especially during training! Smart to listen!

Um, on another note, Sana has a good idea going up there…

I always take Sunday off, but Thursday is my rest day, as well, because that is the day I volunteer at my daughter’s school. My husband and I just started marathon training and fridays will be our long run day, so I assume we’ll be resting on Saturdays, too.

I am active every day. However, from running my rest day is Saturday. BTW, that pumpkin creame looks delicious and easy to make. I just with there was more canned pumpkin out on in the grocery store shelves.

7. Maren says

All these pumpkin recipes in blogland is making me seriously crave pumkin! I am generally active everyday, but sometimes I take Saturdays off!

I almost always take a rest day on Friday. I usually only take one day of complete rest, but one of my cross-training days is pretty easy, too. Today I’m just going for a long walk with the pup!

Love the pumpkin cream. I’m always looking for healthier alternatives to syrup. (my fav is peanut butter mixes with plain yogurt).

My rest days depend on my schedule that week and the weather. My everyday I try to do something, at least walk 30 minutes.