Made It and Mini Goal Monday!

We made it! After a long drive home…

IMG 6593 thumb Made It and Mini Goal Monday!

a few pit stops, crossing a state line

IMG 6600 thumb Made It and Mini Goal Monday!

and a beautiful pink sunset we finally were back in Orange County!

IMG 6611 thumb Made It and Mini Goal Monday!

It was late and even though the road trip snacks made up the bulk of my dinner, I made a big smoothie in a bowl with granola and PB for dessert.

IMG 6616 thumb Made It and Mini Goal Monday!

And then I crashed wlEmoticon smile27 Made It and Mini Goal Monday!

IMG 6619 thumb Made It and Mini Goal Monday!

This morning I found a lady bug on my patio. I think lady bugs are good luck, anyone else?

IMG 6626 thumb Made It and Mini Goal Monday!

I am feeling great this morning! Usually I take a complete rest day after a long run, but since I woke up feeling good I did Jillian’s 6 Week Six Pack. I don’t do it faster the second time because I think it hurts my form.

Then, I made a simple egg sandwich for breakfast with Laughing Cow on the bread.

IMG 6630 thumb Made It and Mini Goal Monday!

And a side of blubes and blackberries. IMG 6638 thumb Made It and Mini Goal Monday! Mini-Goal Monday!

Here are my mini goals for the week:

1. Yoga one time this week. I need to s-t-r-e-t-c-h!!!

2. Organize that big pile of mail I’ve been ignoring on the counter.

3. Focus on eating more veggies and protein BFL style.

Question: Do you have any mini-goals for the week?

Comments

Congratulations again!

My mini goals for this week are:
    1) Stop the mindless late-night snacking. If I’m actually hungry, have a small snack and then go to bed, but don’t sit and eat until my stomach hurts.
    2) Go to the gym and run on the treadmill. I have a free membership at the community center through my sister (she works there), but I never use it. I usually work out at home in the winter and run outside when I can, which I haven’t been able to do it two weeks. I’m tired of my at-home workouts, and I need to get over my fear of the gym!
    3) Update my damn blog.

2. Valerie @ Love and Running says

Congratulations again on the half! I wish I wouldve seen you and met you :)
    I woke up feeling good this morning too :)

Mini goals:
    Yoga
    Study for boards everyday
    Less running

For this week, I’m traveling to San Diego for work, so my main goal is just to try to stick to the routine as much as possible. I’m training for the National Half at the end of March and I lucked out because mileage is less this week that next week or the week before… not sure how that happened!

Congratulations again!!! :D

My mini goals are to catch up on my schoolwork and get ahead! And also to start my first week of training for half- marathon #2 on a good note! :D After a week of taking it easy after Disney, I’m ready for my challenging workouts again!

Mini goal for the week is to avoid ordering pizza. We’ve gotten in the habit of doing that once a week and it’s just silly to spend that much money on something I can make easily.

Im adding a mini morning yoga session each day to add core and upper body strength to compliment my full practice at night. Plus who doesnt need to start their day on the right foot? Good luck with your goals this week!

I noticed that you drove back from AZ to OC the same day as running- yikes! I did the R&R Vegas one and came back that day and my legs were not happy. Tips?

Mini goals are great- two or three that you have a few days to accomplish are so much better than ten things that you have to do right now, today.

Running a full marathon and then sitting in a car or on a plane is rough and it’s hard to avoid being stiff. Since I just did the half it wasn’t that bad. I actually did the half in Las Vegas too and drove back same day (did you get that horrible traffic on the way home?).

I do suggest stretching out post race and racing around a bit periodically to avoid too much tightness in your legs.

Yup, our normal 3ish hour drive back to Riverside was 6. Horrible!

I need to be better about stretching. I think the combo of not doing a great job stretching, the cold, and the car was just not good!

Hi Monica, It was great to meet you as you were leaving the hotel on Sunday in Phoenix. I enjoy reading your blog so it is always fun to finally get to meet somone I follow.

Also, congrats on the PR that you did this weekend. That is so awesome. My brother got a PR this weekend to, and he was stoked.

I had to keep mine a slow training run, since I have fallen behind on training, but I used the time to take pics along the course and enjoy the bands. So it was definitely a fun run with a huge crowd of people.

Take care,
    Melody

One mini goal I am working on for the week is similar to yours – make sure to get enough veggies!

Another mini goal is to complete all of my scheduled workouts for the week. The weather in Illinois is so crappy right now and is killing my motivation to workout!

I like to think of lady bugs as good luck! There was this crazy time in Connecticut when lady bugs where EVERY WHERE. I must have found nearly a hundred in my house, no joke.