Ask a Monican Part 6

Fact: A sweet potato is the highlight of any meal that it’s a part of.

IMG 6907 thumb Ask a Monican Part 6

I don’t care if you make turkey burgers on the Foreman and top them with grilled onions…

IMG 6915 thumb Ask a Monican Part 6IMG 6916 thumb Ask a Monican Part 6

The sweet potato fries are king queen!IMG 6912 thumb Ask a Monican Part 6

But, call the Wambulance because now my stomach hurts from all this good food wlEmoticon sadsmile7 Ask a Monican Part 6 I guess there can be too much of a good thing? Except when it comes to fro-yo.

IMG 6923 thumb Ask a Monican Part 6

Ask a Monican part 6:

If you have a question for me email it to runeatrepeat at gmail.com

Random – Ben sent me this list without provocation last night. He may have been partaking in the “sauce”.

Ben’s Top 10 Reasons to Marry a Healthy Living Blogger:

10. You will always know the most recent thing that Jillian Michaels
has produced.
9. The house will be full of strange and interesting foods (like
roasted brussel sprouts) that you would never make by for yourself.
8. She will wear lots of spandex in the form of running or yoga pants.
7. You will become healthier simply by osmosis.
6. Constant exposure to new restaurants such as Vietnamese, Korean,
Indian, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw etc.
5. Steady supply of frozen yogurt deserts and dark chocolate.
4. While they are constantly trying to improve their body, you will
reap the benefits of their exercise.
3. Interesting travel locations for marathons, conferences, and summits.
2. Amazing amounts of energy for all day activities.
1. They are constantly looking for ways to better themselves.

Monica is very special in being a Mexican health blogger since she is
very understanding of my needs to drink, eat steak, and wear a
sombrero. But she never gives up trying to make me healthier (even if
its just so I don’t die before her). I always recommend Spanish women
since they have a special place in their hearts for their men, and
red-heads since their blood is actually on fire (that’s what makes
their hair red). Dudes everywhere should be snatching up these blog-hunnies. Im drunk.

I don’t know if I should be flattered or embarrassed…

Comments

I have been reading your blog for about three or four months now and really love the ‘Ask a Monican’ element as well as your blog in general!

Also, Ben’s list is great :)

Love your videos! It makes me wish everyone posted videos…it really brings the whole blog together….to the surface…something like that. Maybe I should take this advice and post one on my blog…I’ll credit you as my inspiration. And I love Ben’s list. “I’m drunk.” <–SO awesome.

3. Hillary says

I have been reading your blog for a couple of months and love it! I really appreciate how real you are, and I enjoy your videos. You are absolutely gorgeous by the way.

I feel the same way about people I know reading my blog… like just before the new year my friend Katie told me she’d still been reading (as well as my old roommate and a few other friends) and my face turned SO red. It just seems weird, but I’d rather have strangers knowing all the personal stuff! lol

And I love Ben’s list and the little blurb at the end – so sweet! You should be flattered. :)

If Ben had put that on Facebook, I would have put a “LIKE” on that list, lol. And now I don’t have to ask you my question, because my question was kinda similar I think.

That list is adorable! I can’t believe he just did it without prompting. You guys are too cute.

I felt the same way about my blog, I kept it a secret from my family (and from everybody because I technically had no readers) for a long time. Thanks for the great answers to my questions – and don’t worry about the BFL, Ben’s list amused me enough to count for the whole post.

7. Jen says

Ben’s list is really stinkin’ cute! I love it. Hopefully he’s not too embarrassed that you posted it because it brought a smile to my face this morning.

I didn’t say it when you posted but you were looking GREAT in your pictures from the RNR AZ. The IE is really paying off, I think! I’m so glad I found your blog by googling the book title back in the day.

I love Ben’s List. Hunni believes in many of the same reasons for marrying me. He lost 80 pounds just eating my food since he can’t cook to save his life.

I also agree about being embarrassed by the blog. I didn’t put it on face book for about 6 months because I didn’t want people I work with and really know to read it. For some reason I had this impression the “real” people were different than bloggers.

That is very cool about your husband losing weight! I’m trying to cook better for Ben, I think in the past I cooked for him what he wanted and not what he needed. And it’s a disservice.

Hilarious. How cute is Ben’s list?! I don’t know about you, but I always think it’s so cute when our men get all liquored up and wax poetic about how great we are…shows that they are all just big softies.

My boyfriend once said that the most attractive thing about me is that I am a doer. That I am so active. He said his life is better since he met me because we do so many active things together. :) Awww.

Flattered definitely…The list from your husband is great. I know my husband and son really benefit from my more active and healthy lifestyle.

Your Ask a Monican videos are lots of fun too.

Thank you for being honest! I was at a high school reunion a few weeks ago(1.5 year reunion; don’t laugh) and 4 different people who are great friends told me they liked my blog and I froze up. I was embarrassed because I kept wondering what they read and if it was personal or what they really thought. Also, whenever I learn someone knew reads my blog, I make a mental note not to make fun of them. Trust me when I say that’s saved me from a lot of awkward moments.

I too felt embarrassed to to let people I actually know read my blog (and want to talk about it with me), but eventually I figured that there was nothing on it that I wouldn’t say aloud, so what the hell! My biggest issue was my blog being brought up at a school meeting- I’m an English teacher that wrote a rant about Shakespeare. Oh well! But still, blogs are sort of niche areas that not necessarily everyone in our lives are going to fit into. And that’s okay!