Peanut Butter and Jelly Omelet

Hello and Happy Sunday! I’m interrupting the regularly scheduled Pancake Sunday breakfast for a fun new recipe. I got the idea from Tripe D (Diners, Drive-ins and Dives), see I told you I’m obsessed with that show!

This morning I made a Peanut Butter Banana and Jelly Omelet.

peanut butter and jelly omelet

It started out like your usual omelet  except I added vanilla extract and a dash of stevia and salt to the eggs.

plain eggs

After it was flipped (Ben helped on this because it’s his specialty) I loaded it up. I spread  peanut butter, jelly and sliced bananas on the eggs. I also added a sprinkle of cinnamon. Then, fold over as usual.

eggs with peanut butter and jelly

Look at that melty banana and peanut butter goodness. Mmmmmm.

banana in omelet

You can make a straight up PB&J omelet, but the banana took this to another level. Cooked banana is really one of the best things ever.

melted banana and peanut butter

A beautiful bite with egg, banana, PB&J…

omelet with peanut butter and banana

I served my Peanut butter, banana and jelly omelet with a Cinnamon Raisin bagel thin spread with butter and sprinkled with stevia and cinnamon. Ben still made pancakes, so I stole a bite of that too Smile

peanut butter omelet recipe

One more thing -  Last night I had some tea and graham crackers. I am totally loving these new grahams! IMG_0408

Have a great Sunday!

Comments

That is such a great idea for an omelet! I’ve never seen such a thing but I adore the whole sweet/savory thing. I’m definitely trying this.

I missed that episode of DDD! That looks delicious and helps on the protein factor instead of using bread. I will have to try this out!

Could you share Ben’s tips of making a perfect omelet? I always mess mine up and turn them into scramble eggs 😉

that looks outrageous! I am actually- gasp! not a fan of nut butters in general, but I do enjoy handfuls of salty almonds and cashews and sweet ones too 😉

visit my blog!

chanelandolivia.wordpress.com

Yummy! I’ve made something similar before (if you like them try adding cinnamon and nutmeg and or vanilla to the eggs, yum!!) with nut butter in the middle. Never thought to call in an omlette even though that’s what it is. I called mine a “crepe” haha

5. Kate G. says

It makes me so happy that someone else in this world eats pb & j omelets :) I thought I was the only one! I do egg whites because something about the yolk plus jelly grandad me out but it’s so tasty!!

6. anna says

girl, you are genuis! can’t believe i just now discovered this recipe! i topped mine with a little sugar-freee syrup and cinnamon. defreakinlicious!