First 10K Spring Training Run

Every Tuesday and Thursday for the next 12 weeks I will be coaching an entry level 10K running group. It takes about an hour to get there so I leave my house tiny condo by 5pm and don’t get home until almost 8pm. IMG 9109 600x800 thumb First 10K Spring Training Run

I wasn’t sure how to plan my eating around this schedule, so I may need to change it up but for today I decided to eat “dinner” before running and plan for a hearty snack afterwards.

IMG 9103 800x600 thumb First 10K Spring Training Run

After I took the first picture I completely covered everything in parmesan and red peppers. So good.

IMG 9107 800x600 thumb First 10K Spring Training Run

Then, I headed to the beach for our first Spring Training run!

IMG 9120 800x600 thumb First 10K Spring Training RunI love running at the beach, so I won’t complain about the commute at least not today.

IMG 9119 800x600 thumb First 10K Spring Training Run

For the first run we did 40 minutes of  4:1 run/walk intervals. This group starts off really slow, so if you are new to running and want to give it a whirl email me and I’ll put you in contact with a group. We offer 5K, half mary and full training as well.

When I got home I was HUNGRY. All day I planned on having a smoothie in a bowl with granola for my second dinner, but decided to make something warm instead. I made a big bowl of oatmeal with cottage cheese, chia seeds and lots of PB. It was a good choice.

IMG 9123 800x600 thumb First 10K Spring Training Run

*This late 2nd dinner was eaten at 8:15pm and technically breaks the first rule from my new 30 Day Challenge. But, I can’t really predict what time I’ll be getting home after the group. The point of the 8pm rule is that I eat my last meal of the day and get out of the kitchen.

See you in the morning!

Comments

I have a similar Wednesday night schedule (out of the house from 3:30 to 8:00) and even though I always eat a large snack before I leave, I am STARVING by the time I get home. And that’s after doing something sedentary; I can’t imagine how it would feel after running!!

I have class on Wednesdays from 6-8:30, and usually leave my house by 5:15. Our professor says she doesn’t mind if we bring food because it’s right around dinner time, but no one ever does and I would feel really weird busting out a spinach salad in tupperware when no one else is eating! I usually make a pb and j and eat it on the road and then have dinner ready when I get home (yay Crockpot!).

3. Jill says

Love that beach picture. Do keep bringing your camera, since there are some gorgeous sunsets.
    Know what you mean about the dinner dilemma. I’m an early bird, so dinner is usually done and over with by about 5pm but that’s too late for a 6pm run. Cooking dinner after class makes for a late night for me. (I get up before 4am).

I also struggle with when to eat and how to schedule it around my evening run. If I run too late, it throws me completely out of whack and I end up being even hungrier.

Great photos!

I totally have this problem on Saturday nights. There is a service at 6 pm so dinner would have to be about 5, but then getting home at 8 means I’m totally hungry again! My body likes to eat about every 3-4 hours. Even though I’m just sitting there, my body is ready to eat again. I hate eating that late though because then I end up wanting to majorly sleep in the next day, which I can’t do since I have to wake up early to be back at the church working!

Oh man, I wish we had a group like that here in Boston.. I have always wanted to give “running” a try but find it too difficult to start all by myself. I feel like a group setting would make it a lot easier!