My Iced Coffee Recipe

Good Morning! I started my day with an easy walk and planned to go to yoga at 8:45am. Then, as I was eating breakfast a huge chunk of my tooth broke off! Now I’m on hold with our insurance trying to figure out where I can go to fix it…

Since I’m on hold and have 995 minutes to kill I thought I’d share my iced coffee recipe…

monica and dunkin

Disclaimer: It is physically impossible to make iced coffee as good as Dunkin Donuts at home. I can’t make miracles or DD iced coffee…dunkin donuts sign

First, start off with good coffee. I’ve tried a lot of different kinds and am loving this one right now.

IMG_9136 (533x800)

I brew it strong so the ice doesn’t make it too weak. I brew a BIG pot of 10 cups and use 5 HEAPING tablespoons.IMG_9134 (800x533)

Then, I put it in a big pitcher  to chill overnight, or for a minute until I want another cup…

IMG_9106 (800x533)

If you have extra that doesn’t fit in the pitcher pour it into an ice tray. This trick prevents the iced coffee from getting too watered down too!IMG_9115 (800x533)

Then, pour it over some milk or soy milk (NOT: Almond Breeze because it curdles) and sweeten if you want. I use milk and stevia. Slurp!

IMG_9108 (533x800)

I wanted a yogurt bowl for breakfast and ended up with a huge mish-mash of foods!

IMG_9123 (800x533)A little big of Siggi’s and a lot of cottage cheese. I’ve decided I’m not a fan of Siggi’s – too tart for me. IMG_9130 (800x533)

There’s also some pumpkin under there Smile

IMG_9120 (800x533)

Enjoyed with some lovely iced coffee.

IMG_9128 (800x533)

Then, my tooth broke and yoga was canceled so I can get an emergency appointment at the dentist Sad smile Wish me luck!

Comments

UGH i hate the tentist and tooth stuff… good luck!

About iced coffee: The reason dunkin’s is so good (and starbucks) is because their coffee to water ratio is ridiculous. They use 2 Tbsp. of coffee grounds for every 6 ounces of water. So for your 10 cup pot you should use 10 Tbsp!!!!

my mom just did the same thing :( im sorry! hope ur tooth gets better and u can go to a later class or just go for a nice walk.

xoxo
    Lo

Yikes, sorry about your tooth.
    DD iced coffee is the best in town, but in an effort to not go broke, I make my own at home, much like you do.

So sorry about your tooth! It reminds me of a time when I was eating Cheetos and literally chewed my tooth off! Hmm…I should blog about that sometime!

I’ve never had DD iced coffee…no DD where I live :(

5. Ida says

sorry about the tooth. that sounds awful!
    I’m not a siggi fan either. I keep trying other brands, but fage is my favorite by far.

eek – sorry to hear about your tooth! Hope it gets all fixed-up ASAP! I just started getting into iced coffee – excited to try at home!

7. Marcee ..... IL says

Whoa …. Monica …. so many “tooth” sympathies. Amazing. One from me too. Dentists are cool. Everyone needs em.

We {{heart}} TJ’s Columbian (decaf) Coffee! Excellent flavors. Sounds right … 5 for 10 … + 1 extra scoop. Delicious coffees @ TJ’s.

Cottage cheese + oatmeal? Will try tomorrow!! Never thought it.

Best of M ….. w/all the training. Difficult work for sure. GL!

H-E-L-L-O Vegas!!! Lookin better. Such pretty eyes. Behave yourself kitty.

Oh no! I hope your tooth is okay :(

That’s an awesome idea for iced coffee…putting them in ice cube trays. Yum. Where do you go to yoga? Is there a specific studio you regularly attend? (if you’ve already blogged about it I’m sorry…obviously I can’t remember) but I’m in the market for a good studio in the OC area :)

9. s says

oh dear that happened to my tooth too! sort of. i had a chipped tooth back when i was a kid and the filling fell out while i was eating a truffle. (yes, a freaking truffle. haha). i also have had nightmares about my teeth falling out. wooo. anyways, good luck with the procedure, i hope it goes as painlessly and smoothly as possible (shouldnt be too hard- thanks modern science?)

10. s says

oops, i left out some details above that would have made my comment make more sense. i had the chipped tooth filled as a kid but then the filling fell out. anyway, you have my tooth sympathies!

13. Anna says

I use 12 tablespoons for 8 cups…and I consider that on the weak side. (8 real cups, not “coffee” cups which was 6 ounces).

I prefer cold brewing, but I don’t usually have the patience to filter it out. But cold brewing is much better!