I LOVE Cherries

Sure, I am a huge fan of watermelon….image thumb1 I LOVE Cherries

But, cherries definitely battle them for first place. This week I went to Costco multiple times in search of cherries and they didn’t have them. Boo.bIMG 5623 600x800 thumb I LOVE Cherries

Finally today my beloved cherries were there!!! I got a little too happy sharing my excitement with my fellow shoppers. Luckily, I was able to snag a big box of them before I was escorted out of the store.IMG 5619 600x800 thumb I LOVE Cherries

I know I run this love of watermelon and cherries into the ground. But this is a food blog and if it was nutritionally sound I would only eat these 2 foods forever. The only reason I don’t is because they’re only IN SEASON NOW. So I eat a whole year’s worth in 2 months days.imagine a giant network of information filled with cat macros and nothing else thumb I LOVE Cherries(nataliedee.com)

I ate some on the way home and potentially stained my car seats, face, teeth, shirt and Vegas when I home and petted him. Totally worth it.IMG 5621 600x800 thumb I LOVE Cherries

I hope Ben doesn’t read RER today because they will be gone by the time he gets home.IMG 5625 600x800 thumb I LOVE Cherries

Pictures are definitely deceiving when it comes to food blogging. This bowl bucket contains a whole heart of romaine, 2 tomatoes, 1big bell pepper, a veggie burger, almonds and toppings. IMG 5628 800x600 thumb I LOVE Cherries

Objects in picture are bigger than they appear.IMG 5626 800x600 thumb I LOVE Cherries

Flashback Friday! Last year at this time Ben and I just moved back from Maryland to California (home).maryland run thumb I LOVE Cherries

I was so happy to leave MD, but I have to admit I miss it. I really look back on our year out there as great. I can’t really know, but I think I would have done things different if I could do it all over.

Also, one year ago yesterday I had an awesome run. I need to get back to that!

Running in the News: Kara Goucher and others don’t wait until after they retire from running to make babies. – This article is super inspiring since I’m convinced life is over when you get knocked up.

And this tiny little lady is getting ready for the Hotdog Eating Contestimage thumb2 I LOVE CherriesCould you take her?

Now I need to pack up for our road trip! Ben, me and my bro and his GF are headed north up the coast, but we’re playing the details by ear.

pin it button I LOVE Cherries

Comments

July I’m going to California! You should have a blog-stalker meetup! I’m tall, but I’m harmless.

Don’t be convinced life is over once you’re knocked up … that’s why God makes teenagers- so they can babysit while you go out. < – Thanks :) Every comment in favor of babies helps Ben’s case.

I am just as nuts about cherries – in fact, I spent over $8 on them 5 days ago at the store & they are almost gone. I am the only one in our house that eats them, too. ;)

I might be able to win a cherry-eating contest. ;)

Kim

Life is far from over after having kids. It just makes things more complicated, but it is totally doable; and worth it! (That is just my opinion) That article is really inspiring!

Two things: 1) We are no longer food opposites! I love cherries and watermelon SO much. I would live on them too!!
    2) Didn’t know you were from MD….I’m from Alexandria VA! What city are u from?

Have you ever had rainier cherries? They’re so good I have to tie the bag shut so I don’t eat them on the way home! I may or may not have eaten platic while trying to get at them at a stoplight.
    You should hit me up if you drive by slo on your road trip, I’ll take you to some of my favorite wineries!

6. Shannon says

Must say I am jealous that you have been able to move back to California! I’m out here in Maryland and will be for at least another 7-8 years before we can even think of moving back to my beloved state. So enjoy for me please:)

Why have I not yet eaten any watermelon or cherries? Delicious!

I can’t even imagine leaving my hometown to live somewhere else. Oregon rocks too much.

8. Amy says

I developed a weird food allergy in adulthood that prevents me from eating cherries raw, but man, I love them!

As for motherhood, I’ve got a 2 year old. Life doesn’t end, but it sure is different. Scheduling runs, especially long marathon training runs, takes a lot more effort. On a positive note, there are days when getting out and running, even when I don’t want to, turns into some nice “me” time. Hey, you’ve got to take it when you can! :)

Cherries and watermelon are amazing, you are right to think so. Maybe I’ve eaten more than half a watermelon since Wednesday. Like one of the GIANT ones. It’s addicted. I forgot to comment yesterday but I was super glad that my friends and I are not the only ones to go to a froyo place once, but have to go through the line and pay twice. I really hope you weren’t joking about that. Additionally, waiting until you get home, or even leave the store, to eat your groceries, is for losers.

10. Ida says

I feel the same way about raspberries- I eat SO many during the summer when they’re in season and not crazy $$.
    I dont think I would do well at a hot dog eating contest, but I do think it would be kind of fun to try a pie-eating one, with no hands allowed.