Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

Hello and Happy Friday! Ben and I are going on a road trip in honor of his birthday this weekend so I had to change my long run schedule.

Yes, I run dramatically and with a goofy smile like this…IMG 8943 800x600 thumb Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

My plan had me running 14-16 miles today(!), but I have to be at work at 9am and didn’t feel like waking up at 3am. So, I decided to just cut it back to 8 miles and give myself a break. IMG 8946 800x600 thumb Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

I was a little worried this would really mess up my marathon training plan, but I remembered that I normally take this week off of running every year!

Ben and I celebrate our anniversary and birthday this week every year. Last year we were in Curacao. curacao thumb Flashback Friday–Vacation WeekYou can read about it here…

Greetings from Curacao

When Jelly Fish Attack

Willemstad

Wet t-shirt Wednesday

The Ostrich Farm and Hato Cavesme and ostrich thumb Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

The year before we were in Belize.

The year before we went on a booze cruise!mexican flag thumb Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

Anyways, this is my week off from running so 8 miles is pretty hard core wlEmoticon winkingsmile5 Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

After my run I made pumpkin protein pancakes because I have a ton of pumpkin to use up! IMG 8961 800x533 thumb Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

The batter: 1/2c egg beaters, 1/3c pumpkin, 1/3c oat bran (you can use  flour), dash salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and packet of sugar or stevia.

I sprinkle the chia seeds on while cooking.IMG 8951 800x533 thumb Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

It’s Flapjack Friday! Make some pancakes for dinner wlEmoticon smile8 Flashback Friday–Vacation WeekIMG 8957 800x533 thumb Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

Topped with a yogurt, syrup and pumpkin mix.IMG 8959 800x533 thumb Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

Okay, I’ve gotta go!

Question: Do you take an annual trip? To where??

Comments

My annual trip is kind of funny. It’s to Baton Rouge for a home football game. I usually go to most of them, but the “annual” part is when a certain group and I go together. They aren’t fans like me, but I still always have the time of my life every year!

No, I wish! Sounds like a blast. Usually we at least take a day trip to the beach, but we haven’t even done that in over a year. Lame! I need to plan something.

So glad you posted a link to your Curacao trip! I will have to check it out! I have never been to the Caribbean but my boyfriend and I are planning a trip in November.. I was thinking St. John? There are just so so so many islands to chose from! I guess no matter where we go we will make the most of it :-D

Can’t wait to hear where YOU are going this year! Unless you already mentioned it and I totally missed it haha

Do you run while you’re on vacation?? I usually try to fit in runs when I can… which usually have to be super early so it doesn’t interfere with the vacation in itself…

I don’t think I mentioned where we’re going this year yet :)

I don’t normally run on vacations out of the country, it always seems weird and ends up being awkward. Like, I take my stuff to run but all the locals look at me like I’m crazy. So, I plan on it not working and won’t be disappointed.

My Honey and I try to take a trip somewhere for our anniversary every year…my favorite trip was to Jamaica for our 4th anniversary! it was so relaxing and beautiful…we were jammin’ mon! ;)

Enjoy your anniversary/Ben’s birthday trip! We usually take a trip every year on our anniversary too. My favorite place to go that time of year (May) is the beach in Florida. It is kind of a kickoff to summer and the water & beaches are beautifull there. Bonus points that we can drive instead of fly, which is great because with two kids we need lots of stuff for a week at the beach.

As for running out of the country, I am going to Europe next month for work (an entire week) so I am thinking about taking a running tour of the city. That way I can train and sightsee at the same time! I obviously love multi-tasking.