Flashback Friday–Vacation Week

Hello and Happy Friday! Ben and I are going on a road trip in honor of his birthday this weekend so I had to change my long run schedule.

Yes, I run dramatically and with a goofy smile like this…dorky runner

My plan had me running 14-16 miles today(!), but I have to be at work at 9am and didn’t feel like waking up at 3am. So, I decided to just cut it back to 8 miles and give myself a break. IMG_8946 (800x600)

I was a little worried this would really mess up my marathon training plan, but I remembered that I normally take this week off of running every year!

Ben and I celebrate our anniversary and birthday this week every year. Last year we were in Curacao. curacaoYou can read about it here…

Greetings from Curacao

When Jelly Fish Attack

Willemstad

Wet t-shirt Wednesday

The Ostrich Farm and Hato Cavesme and ostrich

The year before we were in Belize.

The year before we went on a booze cruise!mexican flag

Anyways, this is my week off from running so 8 miles is pretty hard core Winking smile

After my run I made pumpkin protein pancakes because I have a ton of pumpkin to use up! protein pumpkin pancakes

The batter: 1/2c egg beaters, 1/3c pumpkin, 1/3c oat bran (you can use  flour), dash salt, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and packet of sugar or stevia.

I sprinkle the chia seeds on while cooking.IMG_8951 (800x533)

It’s Flapjack Friday! Make some pancakes for dinner SmileIMG_8957 (800x533)

Topped with a yogurt, syrup and pumpkin mix.IMG_8959 (800x533)

Okay, I’ve gotta go!

Question: Do you take an annual trip? To where??

Comments

My annual trip is kind of funny. It’s to Baton Rouge for a home football game. I usually go to most of them, but the “annual” part is when a certain group and I go together. They aren’t fans like me, but I still always have the time of my life every year!

No, I wish! Sounds like a blast. Usually we at least take a day trip to the beach, but we haven’t even done that in over a year. Lame! I need to plan something.

So glad you posted a link to your Curacao trip! I will have to check it out! I have never been to the Caribbean but my boyfriend and I are planning a trip in November.. I was thinking St. John? There are just so so so many islands to chose from! I guess no matter where we go we will make the most of it 😀

Can’t wait to hear where YOU are going this year! Unless you already mentioned it and I totally missed it haha

Do you run while you’re on vacation?? I usually try to fit in runs when I can… which usually have to be super early so it doesn’t interfere with the vacation in itself…

I don’t think I mentioned where we’re going this year yet :)

I don’t normally run on vacations out of the country, it always seems weird and ends up being awkward. Like, I take my stuff to run but all the locals look at me like I’m crazy. So, I plan on it not working and won’t be disappointed.

My Honey and I try to take a trip somewhere for our anniversary every year…my favorite trip was to Jamaica for our 4th anniversary! it was so relaxing and beautiful…we were jammin’ mon! 😉

Enjoy your anniversary/Ben’s birthday trip! We usually take a trip every year on our anniversary too. My favorite place to go that time of year (May) is the beach in Florida. It is kind of a kickoff to summer and the water & beaches are beautifull there. Bonus points that we can drive instead of fly, which is great because with two kids we need lots of stuff for a week at the beach.

As for running out of the country, I am going to Europe next month for work (an entire week) so I am thinking about taking a running tour of the city. That way I can train and sightsee at the same time! I obviously love multi-tasking.