Too Thick Biscuits

This Sunday was pretty chill I did some cleaning and eating and relaxing. Just like I like it wlEmoticon winkingsmile1 Too Thick BiscuitsIMG 0128 800x533 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

Remember how I have the most tragic Pink Sink? Well, it’s still alive and well because we have a long list of house repairs to do before anything cosmetic. So, even though it embarrasses me to show you my pepto bismo décor I want to show you how I finally organized my make-up!IMG 0129 800x533 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

I picked up this drawer organizer at Target last week. It’s too big to fit in the drawer, but maybe having it on the counter will mean I’ll actually use this stuff more than once a week. Maybe.IMG 0135 800x533 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

Hi! IMG 0142 800x533 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

Now to address the “Too Thick” title. I think thickness is a reoccurring theme in my life. I’ve come to terms with it by only buying stretchy pants and making sure everyone I’ve ever met knows I’m Mexican and will hopefully not judge my latin curves (you know, cause that’s racist). fat and squinty Too Thick Biscuits

But, dinner tonight was almost a disaster because it is too thick…

A coupon for Pillsbury biscuits gave me the best idea for dinner – Chicken Pot Pie! I was on a mission to have it, so even though I did the most epic grocery haul yesterday I went out to pick up the last few essentials. IMG 0150 800x533 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

The picture showed bread sticks, but I got the Target brand big biscuits because I’m cheap and they’re amazing (and BIG, did you get that part?).

Unfortunately, the top part of the biscuits cooked, but the bottom was soft dough!!! I didn’t’ realize until I went to serve it. #FoodFail

I ended up cutting off the top part of each biscuit and putting the pan back into the oven to finish cooking. IMG 0152 800x533 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

But, what was I going to do with all those biscuit tops?! IMG 0160 800x533 thumb Too Thick BiscuitsIf it’s not obvious that I ate them, then you don’t know me at all. Hey, maybe that’s why I’m so thick. Oh well…IMG 0161 800x533 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

The finished product was not as nice to look at, but it still tasted delicious.IMG 0163 800x533 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

I served it up with green beans cooked in Italian dressing and 21 Seasoning Salute. IMG 0167 800x533 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

I think I’ll enjoy a little dessert while I watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey.IMG 0169 533x800 thumb Too Thick Biscuits

See you tomorrow!

pin it button Too Thick Biscuits

Comments

I absolutely would have downed those biscuit tops, too. Can’t let em go to waste! (Plus they’re delicious, sooooo….)

My go-to chicken pot pie recipe actually uses Bisquick for the topping. It’s so quick-and-easy…and everyone in my family loves it!

I like you Monica – I just really do. :) That’s the main thing I wanted to say…I could comment on your humor, down-to-earth personality, and good taste in food (of COURSE those biscuit tops should be eaten) but I’ll just say I like you. Have a great week!

Looks like the pot pie came out well in the end. I fell off the real housewives of NJ train a while ago, but I am wrapped up in the BH season right now!

Girl, I just have to say, you are looking amazing!!!! I’ve honestly thought you were always crazy for trying to loose weight b/c I think you are perfect but these past few weeks, I’ve definitely noticed. Maybe you’re just rocking tighter clothes. LoL Either way, you look great my dear!

I also have a an incredibly pink sink! In fact, my entire bathroom is pink! We rent however, and so I think we are stuck with it for a while!!

Cutting off the tops was a great idea to salvage dinner. I wouldn’t be able to handle under cooked biscuits either, doughy textures makes me gag!
    I’ve been wanting to make a chicken pot pie for awhile now and I have some extra frozen puff pastry dough in my freezer…seems like that might work. You’ve inspired me to give it a shot, what’s the worst that could happen?
    Also, I second many of the ladies ^ above when I say you are looking super fit these days. Obviously, I understand you have your own goals – especially as a serious runner, but I hope you see that your hard work is paying off.

I totally don’t think you look thick. You’re in awesome shape. Own it, girl!

I love biscuit tops, especially when you spray that butter stuff on that. BTW – That butter stuff is incredible. I always want to open the top and just dump it on stuff.

Very good idea to cut off the tops of the biscuits! I am trying to get better about trying to find ways to save dinner instead of giving up and eating cereal or something for dinner.