Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Yep, this post is one big shi(r)t show. Last week’s Holiday Half was my last race of 2011 and I’m sad about it. Since I run for the free $50 shirt…I thought I’d reminisce over my shirt collection from the year.

It all started with Rock N Roll Phoenix in January…IMG 2345 533x800 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Surf City Marathon/Half Marathon (February). Long sleeve is finally back in use after a hot summer!surf city marathon shirt thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Redlands – (cotton tee) I can’t find it, but here’s Ben’s… (he ran the 5k)redlands half shirt thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Black Cat 10 Miler in Boston. Bright green is great for running before the sun is up (or already down).IMG 0292 800x600 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

OC half –DNS, but wore the heck out of this shirt! I’ve worn it in multiple races!IMG 4485 800x600 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running ShirtsIMG 4305 600x800 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirtsmonica running laguna hills thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Laguna Hills HalfIMG 0170 600x800 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Fontana Half – cotton tee. Yes, I just woke up. Don’t judge.fontana half marathon shirt thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Long Beach Full Marathonlong beach marathon tech shirt thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

(Last year’s Long Beach is one of my all time faves even though it’s gray.)IMG 4797 800x600 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Mission Inn – cotton tee, plus the course was almost a mile short. Boo.IMG 3664 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Rock n Roll Las Vegas – I’m a fan of the cut and design, not the color.IMG 3112 800x600 thumb1 Shirt Show 2011–Running ShirtsIMG 3113 800x600 thumb1 Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Holiday Half – dark green tech tee with silver strip down the side to make ya look slimmer. I like!IMG 3648 800x600 800x600 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

***And so this ends my shirt collection for 2011. I really don’t know what 2012 has in store… Better get on that!

After boot camp this morning I was supposed to do speed work (400 repeats), but when I went to turn on my Garmin it wouldn’t respond. This is the second time this has happened this week (it’s happened in the past as well). I know how to do a hard reset, but it’s still not responding. Boo.IMG 3693 600x800 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Thanks to the blog I know that I bought it 3 years ago! Crazy! So, it may just be time to get a new one. I’ve used the heck out of it over the last 3 years!

I think I’m going to figure out how to use my new Moto device and keeping messing with it. But, since my Garmin didn’t work and I was in a new neighborhood I had no idea how to measure (and time!) 400s. I did 3 miles instead with some fartlek work and called it a run.IMG 3696 800x600 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Pancakes on an ornament plate for breakfast wlEmoticon smile23 Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts IMG 3686 800x600 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

with tons of chia seeds and topped with PB&PB. Merry Christmas to me!IMG 3690 800x600 thumb Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Question: What color shirt are you wearing right now?

I’m in a pink tech tee. I should shower…

pin it button Shirt Show 2011–Running Shirts

Comments

I’m wearing long sleeve white- about to head out for run!

I like your fontana half one… that looks cool. I like a mix of technical race shirts and plain cotton- so you can wear running but also just chilling out.

Your pancakes look delicious. Everyone seems to use chia seeds these days- they are for omega 3 right? I have never tried them.

2. Dynamics says

Before replacing your Garmin I would look into replacing the battery. How many charges can a battery take before it wants to retire? I am sure yours is exhausted!

3. Jessica says

Shirt is purple, Snuggie is pink. Dont judge, it’s Iowa and I am friggin cold.
    Love your shirt collection! Boo for cotton shirts.

Well it’s black I know that much. But I have no clue what “kind” it is. Some sort of blend possibly? It’s past it’s prime I know that much because it’s unraveling at the top and bottom, but it still covers my torso so it’s still doing its job.

5. Stacy says

You may want to talk to Garmin Customer Service. Mine did the same thing (within a few weeks of purchase) and they replaced it free. I know it’s probably not under warranty, but tech support might be able to fix it. They were very helpful and quick to respond.

Dang, girl, that is a lot of shirts! Nice work on the racing in 2011. I love when races have a nice fitting, colored, tech shirt with a semi cute design. I have too many race shirts to buy them in addition to the race fee unless they look super cool. :)

If you have to replace, I would look into getting it at REI (and getting their 20$ lifetime membership). Mine died after 2 years and they just took it back and gave me full credit towards a new one. Everything you buy has a lifetime return policy.

Love the shirts! Race shirts tend to fit me weird, I’m somewhere between a medium and large (or an xs or s in mens, or sometimes I chance it and go the largest kids size they have available) and I usually end up making the wrong call so a lot of them sit in my drawer.

8. Emily says

I have been a reader for about a year, but never commented before. Guess running shirts sparked my fancy to finally comment? #weirdo
    Anyways, love your blog! I am wearing my blue long sleeve tech shirt from the Chicago half on 9/11/11. No run for me today tho, just running around doing a million errands before heading to Key West, FL tomorrow! Safe travels on your trip to FL as well :)

What a great way to keep track of race shirts! I just got my first race sweatshirt over the weekend. It is oversized, bright red, and super warm. I think I’m going to see if I can get away with wearing it at the office all next week while it will be a ghost town. Hmmm…

What a great recap of a year in race shirts – love the idea! I may “steal” this idea for my own blog. I’m wearing a sweater today – blue with white polka dots. I actually got it for FREE with a gift card I won from a Holiday giveaway at Whole Foods – crazy, right?! :)

Gotta admit, I read the post title quickly and thought it was called something else [ahem, shi* show]- ooopsies! After seeing all of your shirts, I think I’m gonna start running more just to get cool shirts :P

I think I’m the only runner who prefers cotton shirts. Something about the cling of a tech tee just doesn’t do it for me. Plus they’re slightly itchy and weird feeling. I don’t know what my issue is. I have yet to run a race that gives out cotton tees, so I’m jealous you got some this year. Im wearing a white v-neck (cotton) tee under a blue cardigan…boring, but eh it’s work attire.

13. jennifer p says

Working (so of course I’m reading running blogs) and I am wearing a long sleeve white cotton baby doll style tee and a red sweater. I look frumpy but I’m warm in my red sweater that once fit me fifty pounds ago. lol. And my shirt hides the ten pounds that need to go away. yesterday.

I have race shirt envy. Only one thing to do. Run more races.

Love all your shirts. I don’t think that I’ve ever worn a race shirt. Theyre usually cotton and men sized, and I usually wear a tank top to work out in.
    I’m actually wearing a red shirt today. But only because it was my son’s Christmas party at school Otherwise, you’ll find me in black 99% of the time!

15. Catherine says

I’ve got a pink technical 1/4 zip jacket on!

Also, if your old Garmin is shot, I can say that I absolutely LOVE my Garmin 610. I even wear it as a regular watch frequently. Worth every penny!