Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever.

easiest pancake recipe thumb Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever.

I know protein pancakes are all the rage around the blog world. I’ve been making them for years too.

But, before I went the protein pancake route I used to make these super simple oatmeal pancakes before rushing off to class or work.

These aren’t fluffy diner pancakes (which I love). They’re not meant to replace Denny’s. These are pancakes you can make on any given Tuesday morning before work because they only take 2 ingredients and 5 minutes to cook. Yes, you can add cinnamon and chia seeds and magical unicorn dust to make these “better” – but that’s not the point. The point is to keep it simple.

Two Ingredient Pancake Recipe

2 ingredients thumb Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever.

Whip up the egg and then add the packet of oatmeal. IMG 6540 800x533 thumb Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever.

mix and set thumb Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever.Then, I set this aside and let it sit for 30 minutes while I get ready. You can also mix it the night before, refrigerate and cook it in the morning  – but you’ll have to add a splash of milk/ milk sub because it will be very thick.

Cook.spread the pancake thumb Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever.flip pancake thumb Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever.

pb on pancake thumb Easiest Pancake Recipe Ever.

Question: What’s your pancake topping of choice?

I know some people put greek yogurt on top, but I don’t like when my hot food gets cold.

Comments

You just made my night with this recipe. We have a whole box of blueberry oatmeal that my kids won’t eat, but I bet a million dollars that they would eat it in the form of a pancake.

We make homemade raspberry syrup for our pancakes. So darn good.

I eat eggs everyday :) My little friend Anne P. who just finished RD school said she always eats the entire egg after learning so much about how the yolk is full of nutrients. Plus, with a packet of oatmeal and an egg it’s still just 200 calories!

2. Emily says

Yum. I’ll have to try that. I love peanut butter, greek yogurt, a banana, and syrup on my waffles/pancakes. It’s a huge meal, but I guess that’s kind of the point.

I make something similar to this but I think of them as oatmeal raisin cookie pancakes. You can probably guess what ingredients I add: raisins and cinnamon! I top them with walnuts and syrup and greek yogurt (my feeling is that the syrup is cold anyway).

Oh wow those look amazing! Im always craving pancakes but too lazy to make them so this is awesome! I always top my pancakes with lots of maple syrup and butter… Okay maybe its good that I don’t have pancakes that often…

Yum!!!!! I think I might be having some pancakes for lunch :)

6. Suzanne says

I made something similar to this today. Inspired from another blog. Only difference, I blended up a banana to put in the batter (didn’t even need to let it sit) and I used old fashioned oats. It was so banana-y and delicious!! Oh and I’ve been making your protein pancake for about 2-3 weeks, 2-3 times per week! :)

7. Jeni says

Thank you so much for this! Awesome idea! I think I have made these 4 times since this post. My one year old and three year old love them. I even tried it with instant cream of wheat and it was really good also. Much more pancake like.

I had to comment as I’m getting ready to make these now. When I went out to purchase instant oatmeal (I never have this stuff anymore) at my local discount grocery store I came across Quaker’s Weight Control version. After checking and comparing the nutrition facts there was no doubt those were the ones I was buying. With 7g protein and 6g fiber, only 1 gram of sugar per packet. That’s less then Quaker’s less sugar option!
    I currently have my pan heating so I’ll be trying these in just a few minutes! Thanks for this awesome post!

9. Michelle Swinehart says

I been wondering how my lil packets of oatmeal would do with an egg and formed, then cooked like a pancake, now I know!! Thank you!!

10. charlotte says

Can you make these ahead of time… i was thinking of make a batch on sunday and having them ready for the week…mornings are very hectice…would be nice to grab n go….