Meatless Monday Blog Roll

How’s your Monday going?!

Mine is going great, but it’s still pretty hot around here…

image thumb33 Meatless Monday Blog Roll

And it’s supposed to be 96 degrees tomorrow! Good thing Ben put up our new fan yesterday – I’ve been parked under it all day wlEmoticon smile17 Meatless Monday Blog RollIMG 7088 800x600 thumb Meatless Monday Blog Roll

I had a very busy week of work last week, and balancing the blog and training a few days a week on top of it is a lot. I’m trying to stay on top of things, but some weeks I do that better than others. Since this week involves some travel I’m trying to be super efficient with my time.

I broke for lunch and did blog stuff while enjoying this salad with TJ’s peanut dressing, chickpeas, cashews and sweet potato chips. Broken chips make the best croutons wlEmoticon smile17 Meatless Monday Blog Roll

IMG 7087 800x600 thumb Meatless Monday Blog Roll

I mentioned in July I’m trying to put Meatless Monday back in rotation, but I am not posting a meatless meal today because.

1. It’s too hot to cook.

2. I’m lazy like Vegas…IMG 7091 800x600 thumb Meatless Monday Blog Roll

3. My mom sent us home with tamales for dinner tonight wlEmoticon smile17 Meatless Monday Blog Roll

Instead I thought I’d share a few of my favorite veggie recipe blogs (these ladies are all around awesome too!!!):

Peas and Thank You

Daily Garnish

Oh She Glows

Check ‘em out!

Question: Share your favorite veggie recipe or blog in the comments!

Comments

I made my Drunken Italian pasta last night which is meatless. Dice an onion, some garlic, chop up whatever veggies are laying around (carrots, celery, zucchini), etc. 4 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato paste, lots o seasoning, and a good dose of whatever red wine might be leftover in the fridge. Simmer and toss in spinach. Toss over pasta or quinoa. Red, white and green…good dose of red wine – drunken italian sauce. :)

I’m “lucky” I guess when it comes to meat, since I hate it all. Definitely love beans and nuts much more for a good protein fix. Or Greek yogurt, which deserves its own category. ;)

3. Sarah says

My favorite vegetarian recipe:

1 bag tortilla chips
    1 container salsa

Dip, eat.

Seriously though, I love how easy it is to go meatless with Mexican food. I love beans!

My sister picked me up some Peanut Dressing from TJ’s today. I can’t wait to try it. I’m on the ranch and pear ving. and am excited to add to my TJ’s dressing obsession! HA

5. J says

Your weather- 27% humidity? I don’t think it ever goes that low here in NJ. My hair would love that! Love a veggie and egg white omelet, too for my meatless dinners.

6. Emily says

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m getting tired of all the RHNJ Teresa drama. Yes, she’s crazy, she has an awful husband, Caroline is wise, they all like to drink. Nothing new happened in the last episode. Blah.

I just love reading your blog monica! You are a inspiration and an honest person! Balancing everything is hard! I still have a hard time finding balance! I just started meatless mondays too!!!!

8. Ame' says

I toss red beans in the slow cooker with water, sage leaves, Tony’s creole seasoning, onions and garlic. I let them cook for 8 hours, and then I mash them up to the texture of re-fried beans. I use this for dips or put it in a tortilla with some cheese for an awesome bean burrito (pop the burrito in the oven for a few minutes until the melted cheese holds the tortilla closed).