Just the Tip Tuesday Sneaking in some Protein

My heroes wear bibs. I’m sporting my favorite running related shirt today in honor of the Boston Marathon explosion victims. I bought it at a race expo years ago, not sure which.

IMAG1535 450x800 thumb Just the Tip Tuesday Sneaking in some Protein

Track Tuesday (but not really on a track).

I will not let the Boston Marathon explosion tragedy stop me from trying to get there one day. So, I set out on a speed session this morning. I don’t use a track because I think they are scary and am doing 800s anyway so I found a fairly flat half mile stretch and I run back and forth on it until the lady walkers think I’m crazy wlEmoticon smile2 Just the Tip Tuesday Sneaking in some Protein

IMAG1543 450x800 thumb Just the Tip Tuesday Sneaking in some Protein

I did six 800s, but I don’t program the ol’ Garmino to read half miles so all I know is what the average of each pair are: 7:20, 7:06, 7:05. Not shab.

Just the tip: Since I was traveling this weekend I came home to no milk for my iced coffee. #Fail. Except I stirred in some protein powder to my coffee and it sweetened it up a bit AND gave me an extra protein punch!

IMAG1486 450x800 thumb Just the Tip Tuesday Sneaking in some Protein

Question: Got a Tip to share with the class?

Updated to add: I can’t find a “My Heroes Wear Bibs” shirt so I made a female and male version in my RER Spreadshirt shop. I am not making any money off these, just thought I’d pass it on.

Comments

What a great idea – protein powder in coffee!

I’m wearing my running shirt in support of Boston and the runners who came from all over the world. This is what I love about the running community – we all come to support each other despite our different nationalities, creeds, cultures, religions, etc. Proud to be a runner today.

2. Christopher says

Get there one day! Oh my god the first thing I thought about when I saw the lady cross the finish line with ponytails was you. I went to your blog yesterday to make sure that you didn’t run Boston. We do only know you on the interwebs :) but I think I can speak for us all. We really care about both of you.

I find it hard to believe that you are never hit on

Christopher
    Still in the 30′s Minnesota

3. LeAnne says

What kind of shoes are you wearing in that picture above?? (The bright yellow ones). I really like those!!

I’m always more interested in your training. If you want to run fast, you have to train fast. 800′s are great. I’ve been doing them myself lately. Now, I/you need to know what your 800 splits are and how long are you recovering in between each 800. I’ve been running them in 3:10 – 3:20 range with my metronome set at 183.

Chocolate ice cream goes in my coffee when I make coffee at home and have chocolate ice cream in my freezer.

I love the shirt. Perfect to wear today. It’s hard to “get on with your running” after yesterday. I had to do an 8 mile treadmill run today at the gym which had every news and sports channel up, showing the events over and over again.
    I had to put my head down to hide my tears at times and finally just had to focus on my own music and screen on my treadmill. It’s hard to just “move on.”

I’ve become a big fan of Click lately, which I think is almost the same as adding a scoop of protein powder to coffee. (Really great idea on your part, BTW.) If I’m ever out of Click, I’m definitely trying your protein powder trick. Awesome job on the 800s!

7. Terri says

I’ve been putting a few ounces of the (liquid) Slim Fast high protein shakes in my coffee since I gave up sugar a few months ago. Delicious!

I usually buy choc flavoured soy protein…so that makes my coffee = mocha? Sounds good to me! But actually I’ve been adding Milo or Horlicks to my coffee (Nestle’s Nescafe) now and again to make it Neslo. :)

Hmm a tip I use all of the time (to avoid spending money on expensive coffee) is to buy generic coffee and then add a couple of teaspoons of spices like pumpkin spice or apple pie spice to the grounds before you brew and it flavors the coffee nicely. I used this trick when I was living in Florida to make pumpkin spice coffee and make me sort of feel like it was autumn.