Motivation Monday–Come Run Ojai with me!

Happy Monday!

I know this is last minute but I am going to run the Ojai Half Marathon on Sunday! And I have a discount code if you want to come out and run with me!!image thumb32 Motivation Monday–Come Run Ojai with me!

This is part of my “13 13s in 2013” goal and I am squeezing it in because I know there is going to be a lull in half marathons over the summer. Gotta get it in wlEmoticon winkingsmile8 Motivation Monday–Come Run Ojai with me!

If you want to run the half marathon THIS SUNDAY April 28th

Use discount this code for 20% off : MO20

Register here for the Ojai Half Marathon

Let me know if you’re coming out. I’ll be there like this:

monica running thumb Motivation Monday–Come Run Ojai with me!

Running Motivation:

you better be running Motivation Monday–Come Run Ojai with me!

Monday Mini-Goals:

1. Snack clean, not random.

2. Clean. Everything.

3. Update Calendar/make travel plans.

Question: What are your mini-goals for the week?

Comments

1. Angelica says

What’s scary is that a lot of runners get attacked (Central Park jogger, for example). It reminds me of those random encounters with strangers you’ve had. What do you do to be safe? A post on that would be great! I’m thinking of getting some pepper spray for myself. Also, car/house keys!

2. Tara says

Eh, not a fan of that Run like an Animal post.

My goal is to be sure I do not do any damage to this pain I am feeling in my calf. yesterdays 10miler was a painful one!

My snacking has slowly been getting out of control again. I was doing so well for a while. I need to reign that back in. I really like that Run like an animal thing even though I do stick to sidewalks instead of wooded areas or alleys because I am scared of bad guys. I like that running is our civic duty. Ha.

4. Sarah G. says

I like that quote! :)

This week, my mini goals are to finish putting up the window treatments I started over the weekend, stop eating like a college freshman and plant all the flowers I bought on Saturday!

You’re a beast! That’s awesome! My goals for the week are to work like crazy and clean everything also. Going to Phoenix at the end of the week so I have to cram a week’s worth of stuff in 3 days.

Also, that Brush on Block that came in the Sweet Relish box – how in the world do you get it to dispense?!?! lol. I read the instructions then threw them away and now I cannot figure out how to get the silly thing to work.

I’m totally guilty of the random snacking. I actually powered up my sparkpeople account today to see what my calorie intake for a week looks like. My post lunch snack is sunflower seed and they take FOREVER to eat so it is super fun and not an excess in calories!

7. Shannon in Tustin says

well like Missy above, I have a MAJOR laundry problem (two kids in sports plus my own stuff) and that MUST be done this week. I have some guests coming in the next couple of weeks so it’s priority one besides eating, sleeping and running. ;)

The Ojai race looks fun, but that seems like a late start. Would you include a weather summary in your recap? Sometimes I’m a little skittish of later starting races, cause I prefer to get half the race in when it’s still sunrise time.

Thanks Monica and have a great week!

• Shannon in Tustin says

I should! I wish I could run races on the fly because I totally would. I have these silly, crazy children that demand all of my time, so these things must be planned in advance. But I love them and they’re growing up way too fast so I suppose I’ll let them demand away then race until my legs fall off! :)
        Running the OC half in less than two weeks.

Hopefully we’ll meet up at another race soon.

Mini goals for the week:
    1.) Water, water, water!
    2.) Eat everything I bought at the farmers market
    3.) Early to bed, early to rise! Or, at least, early-ish

20 miler on Thursday. My first long run since LA but need to get something in before BTR 50k. We had a bunch of Sole Runners go up and do the BTR training run and do a little wine tasting last Saturday. they said it was awesome. I can’t wait.

If only I lived in Cali… :) Racing is so much fun; I wish I had an unlimited amount of money for race registrations. My Monday mini-goals: (1) vacuum the bedroom floor, (2) return some crops I bought a couple of weeks ago to the store, and (3) sign up for a half marathon I want to run in May.

I love running, although I have an artificial hip now, so I have to settle on walking. I am trying to lose weight and gain muscle… anyway, I look forward to your future posts. I like how you have mini-goals. Thaat is so cool.

Mini goal for this week is to strength train at least once before leaving on Friday for my next half in Tennessee. I’ve really fallen off the wagon.

13. Gillian says

Hi! I could easily be convinced to race this weekend. I did the Hollywood half 2 wks 6 days after the LA marathon and despite feeling crummy from the margaritas and no sleep (was out late at Lakers game!) tackled it 1:53. I’m ok with that. But it’s a bit of a drive up to Ojai. Carpool? I’ll treat you to Yogurtland after!

14. Denise P. says

I won a free entry into this race, but I’m taking a break from halfs. The hotel prices were ridiculous because there is a big tennis event there this weekend, and I didnt really want to drive up that morning

Know anyone that wants to use it?

15. Sam says

Yay Ojai! My hometown:) of course they never put on races when I lived there. Enjoy! I miss that beautiful little town.