Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

I have often said “RunEatRepeat” is a love letter to running and watermelon.

i love watermelon thumb Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

There is no denying my passion for watermelon. And after countless calls and letters and begging – my crush has finally answered my calls and we are making beautiful things together…

image thumb2 Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

No. I am not pregnant.

But I am making a love child with watermelon as I am going to be a Watermelon Ambassador and bring you watermelon recipes, information and random musings for the next six months!

watermelon heart thumb Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

And I thought it only fitting to combine my love for Watermelon with my Mexican heritage and start off my watermelon recipe series with a Watermelon Margarita. Enjoy one this Sunday on Cinco de Mayo!!

We all want to drink, but also want to fit in our skinny jeans so here’s a Skinny Margarita Recipe featuring my favorite fruit.

Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe  thumb Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

• 3/4 cup frozen watermelon (freeze overnight)
  • 1.5 oz. tequila
  • 1 TB. lime juice
  • 1 tsp lime zest
  • 1 packet stevia
  • 2 oz. seltzer (I used lime)

Serves one.

IMAG2715 450x800 thumb Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

Blend.

Swipe the lime around the rim of the margarita glass and roll it in a salt/sugar mix. I put 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup sugar in a container and dip the rim in that for sweet margaritas.

IMAG2720 800x450 thumb Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

Enjoy!

IMAG2727 450x800 thumb Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

Now if you don’t mind I am off to spend some time with my love…

i love watermelon a lot thumb Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

This post is sponsored by the National Watermelon Promotion Board. All opinions are my own. All margaritas are mine too, get yer own.

pin it button Skinny Watermelon Margarita Recipe

Comments

1. Sarah G. says

Yes! This will be the perfect celebration drink after my race on Sunday! :) And congrats on the watermelon gods hearing your prayers – pretty awesome!

2. Lexa says

I am going to have to buy a watermelon when I go to the grocery store tonight. Congrats on becoming an ambassador.

Gotta admit I used to hate watermelon when I was younger. It was always around in the summer by the pool but I was never a fan. Things have changed since then though. I love flavored margaritas but don’t think I’ve ever had a watermelon one- sounds good!

I can’t wait until watermelon season! I eat it EVERY SINGLE DAY over the summer. There is always watermelon in the fridge or a spare one in the pantry, like most people always have milk in the house. Running out means anxiety and chaos D:

5. Denise P. says

They have to have a watermelon promotion board? That’s just as wild as having campaigns for people to eat avocados. I mean those 2 things are so delicious, who needs convincing?

Oh WOW! I am totally making these this summer! I love a drink recipe with stevia. (And watermelon is bangin’ too.) Thanks for the great recipe!

Slurp! This concoction looks amazing! Something I’d crave for everyday during warm weather. I love watermelon too – they are extremely versatile and are perfect for smoothies, desserts and more

8. Natalie says

Hi Monica!

This looks great! I just wanted to ask you why you haven’t posted about your recent weight loss (besides mentioning it here and there). You look great in photos but I find it frustrating that this is a weight loss/health blog and you haven’t talked about it much yet. Keep doing what you are doing though, looking good!

Hi Natalie, I know I need to write a weight loss post soon. I just have’t had the time to do it justice. Do you have any specific questions you’d like me to address?

• Natalie says

I am excited to read about your weight loss journey in general so anything about what you find works/didn’t work and what had the greatest effect would be great! good luck in the marathon tomorrow!

10. Nadine says

I made this today and it was sooo delicious! I will be making this all summer long this year! Thanks for the great recipe!

11. Monica says

Seriously I can’t wait to make this recipe! I heart Watermelon (though probs not as much as you)