Hello! Last night I went to a fancy dinner that I’ll fill you in on soon. But today I’m talking about balance and my fancy time dinner fits in with my thoughts.
Thanks to RunEatRepeat I am very lucky to be invited to races, new cities and amazing dinners. I am so so thankful and never take one opportunity for granted. At the same time, since I feel so blessed I have said ‘Yes!’ to a lot of things and that means I’ve been a very busy girl this year.
All the traveling and races have taken a toll on my relationships, sanity and even health at some point or another. Since I was ‘go-go-go’ I didn’t even realize it. Finally at the end of June I bowed out of Fitbloggin because I needed a break.
But, I’m not ready to slow down yet! So, I spent some time thinking of ways I can maintain a busy schedule, be present in my family’s life and feel happy.
And just like eating 80% healthy, 20% frozen yogurt I’ve decided do the same for my work/life balance. Here is how I am maintaining a balance during this busy time in my life…
1. Take a break. When I’m stressed I eat, so when things get hectic I’ve been trying to take a walk. Since SR ditched me I’ve been calling friends to chat.
2. Don’t take myself too seriously. Laugh! I realize RER isn’t saving the world, it’s just supposed to be fun. But sometimes I get feedback that doesn’t feel too good. As a reader you are kinda my boss, so I take constructive criticsm and try to improve. But sometimes some of my bosses are having a bad day and say fiesty things, I try not to take it personally.
This isn’t rocket surgery…
When I fall down, I dust myself off and get back up. (Okay, sometimes I do sit there for a second and feel sorry for myself, then I get up.)
4. Do what I love! I make sure to fit in time to run and eat, my favorite things. That’s how I take care of myself but just like I said in my travel post, I have to make time for it.
5. Check-in with myself. When I start to feel overwhelmed I evaluate if I’m doing too much or if I just need a break. It’s okay to say ‘no’ to things or ask for help.
6. Live in the moment. When I’m busy I tend to think about everything I need to do. Even when I was on the beach in Florida last month I was checking emails on my phone. Then, I realized I needed to stop, drop and roll stop and smell the flowers.
Since then I’ve been enjoying every new city and fancy dessert! I know I won’t be in this situation forever so I am really trying to relish it now.
Speaking of enjoying my food – my mom says I used to dance when I ate as a baby. I still do…
I can finally do Instagram video!!!
Question: How do you maintain a healthy balance?
In today’s busy world, don’t let your period slow you down. At the end of the day, Always Infinity is the pad that’s still going strong. It’s made from a revolutionary material called Infincel, so it’s super flexible and totally molds to your shape. Plus, it absorbs up to 55% more.* So spend more time with your friends and family, and less time worrying about leaks. Try Always Infinity today. Share your tips to achieve a better balance: Facebook.com/always. *versus the leading Regular Ultra pad with wings.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Always via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Always
Run SMART Goals
Fill out this form to get the SMART Running Goals worksheet to your inbox!