PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

Need a quick protein packed snack right now?

Yeah, me too.

IMG 2663 800x533 thumb PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

These PB&J Protein Bites are delicious and you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now.

PBJ Protein Bites Recipe thumb PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

{Vegetarian, Gluten-free}

Ingredients:

• 2 Tb. vanilla protein powder
  • 2 Tb. Peanut Butter
  • 2 Tb. Jam (I used orange marmalade because I’m obsessed with it)
  • 2 Tb. quick cook oats
  • optional: chia seeds

IMG 2641 800x533 thumb PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

Directions: Mix all ingredients except chia seeds. Form into balls. Optional: roll in chia seeds.

Refrigerate for at least one hour. Store in fridge or freezer.

IMG 2646 800x533 thumb PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

IMG 2652 800x533 thumb PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

PB&J Protein Bites nutrition information per serving (half recipe)

image thumb52 PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

Enjoy!

IMG 2662 800x533 thumb PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

pin it button PB&J Protein Bites Recipe

Comments

1. Carmie says

These look wonderful! I can’t wait to make some! By the way, I think you’re heading to Maine soon! Have a safe trip and maybe see you at the B2B10K!!

2. Lee Beebe says

I routinely consume PB n J rice cakes on rides in excess of 3 hours. I’ll have to try these. I do wonder how they would hold up after multiple hours in a cycling jersey pocket. I will probably wrap them in wax/aluminum paper like I do with the rice cakes. Thanks!

I am so going to make this! As soon as I purchase quick cook oats. I only have steel cut oats at home. But who doesn’t love PB&J? Plus this is a no bake recipe. Heaven for some one looking for treats in the summer, no oven required. I’m so excited. Thanks for posting, Monica.

4. Lee Beebe says

Ok, I screwed up. I rarely read blogs and I never post comment; today I was captured by peanut butter.
    And now I’m getting e mail notification of all your fabulous comments.
    Please dear lord, make it stop.
    Posting this without checked boxes in hopes that the course of history I charted for myself earlier can be changed.
    Cheers!

5. Amy says

OMG!!! So delicious. I had everything in my kitchen and so I made them for a snack. My 9 year-old daughter loved them (called them delicious) and my hubby (who hates anything remotely healthy) said he liked them! Definitely a winner. I have a batch in my fridge to eat tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! :)

I love love love marmalade :D I have since I was a kid when my nan used to make me marmalade sandwiches! You should try it ;-D

At the moment I am compiling a list of things to make that are healthy for September (maybe late August), when I go back to University and these will be perfect!

These look delicious! I am going to try them tonight for sure! I made your peanut butter protein cookies recipe that I found on your site and they were a big hit. My daughter loved them, you would never know there was the protein powder in them. Thanks!

8. Deb says

Do you think PB2 would work well in this recipe? oh, oh – how about hazelnut pb? Yum! I’m going to try these! Thanks.

9. Denise P. says

Oh man I wish I had looked at this last night. Now I’ll have to wait 12 hours until I’m home to make up a batch.

10. Kathleen says

Thanks for this! I made two kinds: peanut butter/nutella and soynut butter/strawberry jam. I subbed flax meal for protein powder in both and just threw some old fashioned oats in the food processor to soften them because I didn’t have protein powder or quick cook oats. They’re delicious anyway!

11. Denise P. says

Mine don’t look anything like your pictures and are an ooey gooey mess, I keep checking back to see if I missed something, but its just 2 tablespoons of everything right? Leave it to me to screw up something so simple.

Yes, 2 Tb. of everything. Did you include the protein powder? I tried this recipe without them and it was a sticky mess too. Spray your hands with non-stick spray to roll them then roll them in chia seeds or coconut or something to help with stickiness. Also freezer is better than fridge.