Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

Trader joes must haves for fall shopping list thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year. It’s the best time of year for food and food-centered gatherings. Even people who don’t normally cook or bake usually whip up a batch or two of cookies for the holidays or their ‘signature’ green bean casserole for Thanksgiving.

Fall is also the time of year when Trader Joe’s is at it’s best. They have a ton of seasonal food and décor items that we wait for all year! Since my job is to run and eat, I ran over the TJ’s yesterday to give you the DL on what you MUST HAVE from Trader Joe’s before the season is over.

So get over there before it’s all gone no matter how many times I stand in the jam aisle and whisper sweetly…

please dont go thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

Until they kick me out.

Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

1. Pumpkin Butter and/or Cranberry Apple Butter. The PB is my jam. I buy 24 jars and use it year round. The cranberry is great mixed with cream cheese on a turkey sandwich. Try it.

trader joes pumpkin butter cranberry apple butter 800x450 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

2. “This Pumpkin Walks into a bar” Like a Nutrigrain bar, only better. Heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds.

pumpkin walks into a bar 450x800 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

Not sure about the Pumpkin Pop Tarts though. Let me know if you try them.

trader joes organic pop tarts pumpkin 800x450 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

3. Pumpkin Spice Coffee. This is more for you hot coffee drinkers – I don’t think pumpkin coffee does well over ice.

pumpkin spice coffee 450x800 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

4. Pumpkin baked goods! They have two super easy baking kits for pumpkin bread.

trader joes fall pumpkin baking 800x450 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

5. Beverages! Spiced Cider is great warm.

trader joes must haves for fall cider 450x800 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

Also their seasonal teas are great. I haven’t tried the pumpkin chai yet. Let me know if it’s good.

trader joes pumpkin chai tea 800x450 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

6. Soup! Pumpkin Soup is seasonal. Year round they carry a good squash soup too.

pumpkin soup tjs must haves 800x450 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

7. Pumpkin Cream Cheese. You know, to go on the pumpkin bread you’re going to bake.

trader joes pumpkin cream cheese 450x800 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

8. Pumpkin Crisps and Pita Crisps with Cranberries and pumpkin seeds. I suspect these are more cranberry / salty-sweet than pumpkin-y.

trader joes must haves pumpkin crisps 800x450 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

9. Seasonal Beer! I know pumpkin ale is all the rage these days. I’m not a beer girl, but thought I’d pass it on.

trader joes pumpkin ale 450x800 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

10. Decorations! Every year TJ’s has awesome cinnamon brooms and gorgeous Cinderella pumpkins. I love them.

trader joes cinderalla pumpkins 450x800 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

I also bought a sugar pumpkin for a little decoration now and to bake later!

trader joes sugar pumpkins 450x800 thumb Trader Joe’s Must Haves for Fall

Of interest:

My usual Trader Joe’s Must Haves

Where TJ’s misses the mark

Question: Is Fall the best season for food?

Comments

I love pumpkin everything. I’m so jealous you have pumpkin cream cheese. I don’t have a Trader Joe’s by me. But I do love Wegmans, and I live in Wegmans Mecca, so half win..?

I honestly think trader joes is my soul mate. I just tried the pumpkin granola and it was amazingggg and I hear that pumpkin waffles will be out in the next week or so. Pumpkin overload but it’s just so good.

I got that pumpkin spiced coffee after sampling it in store. I LOVED it in the store, but for some reason when I made it at home it was not so great… That pumpkin cream cheese looks delish!

Their pumpkin cream cheese is my FAVORITE! I also purchased the pumpkin rooibos tea but haven’t tried it yet. Obviously I need to head back to check out a few other items!

5. Shannon in Tustin says

HOT DIGGITY DOG!!! I’ve already snapped up some pumpkin butter, but I’ll be stopping soon for pumpkin bar mix AND (both) crisps AND the pumpkin cream cheese AND the pumpkin pop tarts.

I can $2.99 myself right into $80 at Trader Joe’s, happens every single time!

6. Tracey c. says

The pumpkin pop tarts = YUM! I bought them “for my son”. The pumpkin chai tastes like pumpkin spiced dish soap.

I want everything to come in pumpkin form. I want to try that pumpkin chai. I don’t drink coffee so I don’t often get the seasonal drinks that pop up in places like Starbucks. I also LOVE decorating. I need to convince my husband that having pumpkin decorations is a good thing.

8. Nicole says

Fall *IS* the best season for food. Everything is so cozy…..

People, I think, have more gatherings in the fall – to watch football, get-togethers for holidays, etc.

9. april says

don’t forget the pumpkin ice cream! i haven’t tried it yet, but i saw it at TJ’s yesterday and it looks amazing =)

10. Katy says

You didnt cover the pumpkin pancake and waffle mix!!! BEST STUFF EVER…. been trying to stalk up on it but its always sold out here. Its life changing and even my man thinks so :)

I have the pumpkin spice coffee and it’s amazing! I think i’ll try pumpkin cream cheese next…haven’t see any pumpkin english muffins around this year yet though, have you?? I’m starting to get upset about that ;)

I was just at trader Joes the other day marveling at all of the delicious goodies they have for fall! Ours didn’t have a huge wall with it all, but every aisle had some stuff that was delicious!

Oh you forgot the Pumpkin Spice granola from TJ’s! It’s seriously amazing! I put it with cinnamon apple Greek yogurt the other day and honeycrisp apples and it was basically fall in a bowl. I have tried the pop-tarts, but I almost bought some last week.

The Denver TJ’s REALLY NEEDS TO STEP IT UP!

And have you ever seen their cinnamon brooms? They smell amazing and are also adorable. Love them.

You missed the pumpkin spice granola. The boys were literally SQUEALING and SCREAMING with excitement over this at the local TJ’s last night. We caused such a scene….over granola. Yes that happened.

I will totally get that granola, but granola is my weakness so I need to do it when I’m at peace with eating the whole box in one day. Seriously. That will happen.

I love fall food, I do. Thanksgiving meal, pumpkin everything, etc… My only issue is that by the time January rolls around I look at my ass and say “what the hell?” So yes, the best… and the worst.

17. Kate g says

I hate the pumpkin spice coffee soooooooooo much. It tastes like te worst coffee on earth. Did they take garbage coffee that had been sitting around all day then run water through the filter again and then add nutmeg and cinnamon? Because that’s what it tastes like.

I never go to Trader Joe’s because it’s out of the way, but I think I’ll have to make an exception! Those Pumpkin Cranberry Crisps sound so good! Like their addictive Rosemary Raisin Crisps, but better!
    And I need to pick up a six-pack of pumpkin ale soon.

19. Tracy says

So I bought a pumpkin in August and I know I’ll need another one before it is time to carve. Can you please give me some ideas for what to do with the one I have?

20. Grecia says

Thanks for all the great suggestions, i will buying some of these for sure (as if i need an excuse to buy more food). I tried the pop tarts and the chai tea mix and I’d say skip both. Neither is very pumpkin-y.

21. Ashlee says

Fall really is the best as far as food, but spring is a close second! And I would have to disagree about pumpkin coffee over iced… I love me some iced pumpkin lattes from Dunkin Donuts!! Pure magicalness!

Though as much as I love pumpkin coffee… I’m pining for Starbuck’s Gingerbread Latte! I don’t go there often but when that’s in season… sorry bank account!

22. Denise P. says

Unfortunately, I am not a big fan of pumpkin so I’m not so into fall food. Apples and cranberries are cool though.

I remember last year there was a cookie they had around Christmas that was delicious but by the time I went back they were gone. I’ll be stocking up on those puppies this year. Especially because I’ll be like 8 months pregnant around that time!

23. Amy Ramos says

I love Fall! I love pumpkin! So let’s see, their season tea is awesome. I was not a fan of the pumpkin soup. A little bland and tasted “off”.
    I have not see the pumpkin cream cheese yet.
    The pumpkin coffee is AWESOME.

You forgot to include the pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin croissants and pumpkin macaroons. The macaroons are AWESOME!

Have you tried the Sweet Potato tater tots? Pretty good with a burger or just on their own.

24. Sheila says

Thank you for sharing this! I have lots of reasons to go to my Trader Joe’s before Fall is over. We are getting one closer to where I live this year. I can’t wait!

Fall is DEFINITELY the best season for foods. I eat pumpkin year round though. I was just telling my friend how TJ’s has pumpkin-fied everything. I missed the cranberry apple butter… I’m going to have to look for it! Cranberry sauce on turkey sandwiches is my FAVE.

26. mrs. chiu says

I returned the Pumpkin Spice Chai mix…..yuck! They will take back anything so I never hesitate trying something new…great customer service!

27. Andrea says

Love Love! I tried the pumpkin chai mix last year. It seemed to never fully dissolve, was still a bit gritty. So I used it in protein shakes, a scoop of vanilla protein and a scoop of chai, was tasty that way. I’ve already got plans to try the pumpkin coffee iced this week. I didn’t get the beer, but the Ace Hard Pumpkin Cider was good!!!

Love fall flavors (mostly because it’s all pumpkin-y)! I also love persimmons, which are only available in the late fall. We have a persimmon tree and my mom dries them and they taste amazing!

29. Annette says

I love everything in this post…the pumpkin pancake/waffle mix at TJ’s is THE BUSINESS…It makes the fluffiest, pumpkin-iest pancakes ever. They taste like what I imagine a real autumn to feel like :)

I am all about the Joe, especially this time of year when everything pumpkin is involved. Just got the cream cheese today (quite possibly the b e s t e v e r) and am already overwhelmed with the growing list of pumpkin-laden treasures I foolishly let slip by! Thanks so much for your excellent recap. Formulating an emergency rebound mission, stat.

Hello~ My favorite TJ’s season next to Christmas is Fall! I got several pumpkin flavored delights… Macarons , mimi pies, O’s cereal and butter but, that’s just the first haul of many to come. Trader Joes is only a 5 min walk from my house! Happy Dance!

Sweet wishes,