Holiday Spice Protein Pancakes Recipe

I woke up to a gorgeous pink sunrise today! It was so nice to enjoy it on a slow, easy run (where I didn’t fall).

IMG 20131112 061838 800x800 thumb Holiday Spice Protein Pancakes Recipe

When I got back I really wanted a gingerbread cookie (the gingerbread house is still on my mind). But I didn’t have the ingredients or patience for that.

So, I compromised and made a sweet, healthy breakfast with a little ginger-spice kick.

ginger spice thumb Holiday Spice Protein Pancakes Recipe

(source)

Not that Ginger Spice though…

holiday spice protein pancakes recipe thumb Holiday Spice Protein Pancakes Recipe

Holiday Spice Protein Pancakes Recipe

• 1/4 cup flour (I used oat flour)
  • 1/4 cup protein powder (I used Vega Chai)
  • 1/4 cup egg whites or 1 egg
  • 1/8 tsp each: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract, salt
  • 1 Tb agave or a packet of sweetener of your choice
  • almond milk to reach pancake batter thickness

Mix ingredients. Add milk until batter is appropriate thickness. Cook on non-stick sprayed, hot skillet. Top with PB and syrup. Enjoy!

1024x768 bestfit 8 800x600 thumb Holiday Spice Protein Pancakes Recipe

Question: What do put on your pancakes?

I know it’s ‘so HLB’ to put greek yogurt or fruit on p’cakes but I do NOT like when cold foods cool off my hot foods. I like it HOT.

pin it button Holiday Spice Protein Pancakes Recipe

Comments

That’s pretty much exactly how I make my protein pancakes but I sub half almond flour and add baking powder. I’m seriously obsessed with protein pancakes these days. I’ve blogged about them twice in a row! The obsession will only come to a halt because I’m going on vacation tomorrow!

My 2 1/2 year old and I both like our pancakes completely plain. Just the pancake and nothing else. Surprisingly she doesn’t even care if they are flavored pancakes or not. Sometimes I’ll put pumpkin, cinnamon, chocolate chips in them, but for the most part we both like them with nothing in them or on them. Boring I know.

Ha, when I do fruit on top I have to heat it up first – I like simmering frozen strawberries in a pot until they get all syrupy and then putting them on banana pancakes. So good.

These look so good! Sometimes when I’m trying to be a bit healthier or we’ve run out of syrup I pretend that honey works just as well. It really doesn’t :(

5. Suegene Wagner says

I want to go home and whip up some of these right now – except I want peanut butter, Nutella, AND strawberries. YUM!

Ok, these look amazing! I might need to re-think how I feel about pancakes. Up until now, they have been a guilty pleasure. This turns them into just pleasure!

Update: I just made these for breakfast. They were so good! I can’t believe I’ve never thought to put peanut butter on pancakes before. Definitely bookmarking this page.

Now I want some pancakes too…. I like pb & syrup on my pancakes too. I don’t do the yogurt thing. But sometimes I add bananas on top too. I think I’ll be making this tonight & try to save them for breakfast then again they may be dinner.