Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe

This is the recipe I cooked up in my head on my run Saturday. It’s super easy, healthy and can work for breakfast or a snack.

healthy apple muffins for breakfast or snack recipe thumb Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe

Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe

{Serves one – 250 calories – Whole Grain – Can be Gluten Free}

Ingredients:

• 1 packet apple cinnamon oatmeal (use g-free oats if you prefer)
  • 1 Tb. nut butter
  • 2 egg whites or 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1/4 cup diced apple
  • optional: dash cinnamon, salt, baking soda

easy apple muffins for breakfast 668x501 thumb Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe

apple oatmeal muffins bake thumb Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe

Directions: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients. (If you keep your nut butter in the fridge heat it in the microwave to make it easer to mix first.) Place in sprayed silicone (or paper) muffin liner. Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Enjoy!

apple muffins 668x501 thumb1 Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe

image thumb1 Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe

These are super healthy, mildly sweet but still delicious. And the apples keep ‘em moist.

dry ass bran muffin Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe

Question: Muffins – breakfast or snack food?

pin it button Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe

Comments

both! but most of the muffins that are store-bought are so sugary their more of a snack food. If I make it myself I can usually pass it as nutritious enough for breakfast, this one definitely passes the breakfast test

2. Amy says

Monica,
    Yummy looking muffins!
    Where did you find that “recipe” creation program where you can type in the names of the ingredients and the program calculates the nutritional information?
    Thank you!
    ~Amy

3. Kathy says

I have an unfortunate muffin addiction that I cannot kick so for me it’s breakfast, every day. But really, they should be a sometimes kind of snack. These look yummy and like something you could actually eat more regularly

Such a simple and easy recipe…can’t wait to try these! The only problem is…when I make muffins I can’t stop! I’ll eat them for breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner!

Both though I usually “reserve” them for weekend brekkies – it’s kinda my treat coz weekday brekkies’ are toast or crackers with PB. I like them for afternoon snacks – ok, no “rules” for this one. :)

I can’t follow a recipe to save my life, but used this for inspiration to use up some ingredients going bad. Lesson learned – steel cut oats do not equal instant oats (the taste was amazing, the texture was just a little off, but with some extra sunbutter slathered on it, it was still just fine :D).