Skinny 7 Layer Dip for Super Football Time

skinny 7 layer dip thumb Skinny 7 Layer Dip for Super Football Time

This edition of Mexican Meatless Monday is a healthy version of the oldie 7 Layer Dip. Swap Greek yogurt for sour cream. Skip the cheese and opt for green onions (or olives, but despite my last name I’m not big on black olives and didn’t have green olives).

There are 24 different options for the layers, you pick what you want.

Green chilies or jalapenos – the world is your oyster dip!

IMG 4275 800x533 thumb Skinny 7 Layer Dip for Super Football Time

My Skinny 7 Layer Dip:

1. Beans
  2. Lettuce
  3. Salsa
  4. Green Chili
  5. Greek Yogurt
  6. Guacamole
  7. Green Onions
7 layer dip healthy version 481x481 thumb Skinny 7 Layer Dip for Super Football Time IMG 4308 800x533 thumb Skinny 7 Layer Dip for Super Football Time

Enjoy!

Okay. Now I have a big confession to make…

i dont even care about football a tiny bit Skinny 7 Layer Dip for Super Football Time

besides that.

I’m running a race on Sunday so I can eat whatever I feel like. Boom. But, I know one or two of you like to be all healthy. Plus, I needed to make this today and I’m home all by my lonesome so making it a little lighter helps the cause. And I want ice cream anyway. The End.

IMG 4312 800x533 thumb Skinny 7 Layer Dip for Super Football Time

Question: Are you watching the big game this weekend?

pin it button Skinny 7 Layer Dip for Super Football Time

Comments

I am actually going to watch MORE than the half time show or the commercials this year….why?….Because the rest of my family enjoys the Broncos (they are playing in it right?) and I guess it would be a nice family moment to hang out together. ;-)

I really like the replacing sour cream with greek yogurt idea. I will be watching the game and while I really enjoy cheering for a team I’d be lying if I didn’t say the main reason I watch is for the food.

I’ll be watching the game. Last year my boyfriend made a buffalo chicken dip that was amazing (and not at all healthy). We took the leftovers and tossed them with pasta the next day – buffalo chicken mac and cheese, one of my best ideas ever. :)

4. Denise says

Wow I heart you! I will be watching with my hubs..but just starting running your very inspiring. I am watching the pounds so this is amazing and looks delish.

I usually just watch the game as an excuse to eat lots of “bad for you” food. I’ve been craving guac and tortilla chips but I think I may have to make this, too. Yum, yum!

I will be watching the “big game” my beloved Patriots aren’t in it so I will go with the local team, wait is that Denver or Seattle? I live in Idaho ;) But anyways, this dip looks really good. I will have to add it to my list of recipes to try!

7. Sarh says

I’m with you! Not a football fan… but still manage to be a big time football food fan. Thanks for the recipe!

I’m running a race this weekend too! Are you doing the New Orleans Rock n Roll?

8. Denise says

Not a fan of football but since the Seahawks are playing I have to or I will be banned from the state. my husband will make wings Sunday so we look like we really care. I found a guacamole at TJs that is made with Greek yogurt and is quite delicious.

9. Laura says

I won’t be watching the game this year. I am not a big football fan and since the Patriots lost, I can’t bear to watch the Bronco’s. Go Seahawks!! I don’t like how late they start the game- I can’t stay up to watch the whole thing anyways! LOL!

We’re actually flying out for our honeymoon and will just be getting into Europe as the game starts. We live in Denver, so we’re hopeful we can watch it at a pub or something, but it’s our honeymoon who cares if we miss it :)

I ALMOST didn’t read the recipe because I just assumed there would be cheese in it (and I really thought I saw it in the pic too) cause i’m lactose intolerant (freshly as of mid 2013. pissed.) but YAY no cheese! I also have a slight obsession with green onions.

12. Shannon in Tustin says

Have you tried the “reduced guilt” guac from Trader Joe’s? I am addicted to it. It’s made with greek yogurt and it’s so so so so yummy! I pair it with their blue corn baked chips and feel zero guilt (as opposed to reduced guilt). I think it’s only about 30 calories per serving and there is 11 servings in the container. According to that math, I only have to run 3 miles to burn it all off–so worth it! :D

Good luck at Surf City. I recall last year’s race like it was yesterday! It was my very first FULL and I kept seeing you on the switch-backs (you were WAY ahead of me); all smiles and very sweet.

You are a running machine and have stacked up many PR’s since then. Congrats (fist bump, no hug)! I’m still running half-marys, but a lot of my “busy mom life” had to get carved away to train for that full, it’ll be a few years before I can do it again.

Shannon! Will you be out for the half at Surf City? I’ll keep an eye out! No, I haven’t tried the TJ’s guac but I’m a purist and so spoiled with my mom’s avocado tree it’s hard for me to enjoy anything else.

• Shannon in Tustin says

Not this year, I dawdled too long and didn’t want to pay the increased rates. I am doing the trail half in March (Chesebro Half/Great Race) and am getting my dirt & hills on in prep for it! :)

I will definitely run Surf City again, though. It was a fun race.

You had me with you until you said “skip the cheese.” I’m sorry to say that I’ve notified the police of this CRIME AGAINST DIP!

But in all seriousness, I like the different options you’ve listed here for this dip. I LOVE 7-layer dip!

Love your blog–just discovered it today! I love how your personality shines through. I just started blogging and am trying to be less shy about just being myself. Anyway, I do not care about football, either, but have been invited to a Superbowl party so will be making and bringing this dip! Thanks!

I used to be all about basketball, especially having worked for an NBA team for nearly 11 years but I’m more of a football girl now. We’ll be watching. I’m torn on who to cheer for; Peyton since he’s a former Colts player but I don’t think Seattle has ever won a Super Bowl and I like to see the underdog win now & then.