Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

Hello! Are you ready for an awesome week?

I am here to get you motivated for a healthy, fit week! (Either by bribing you with alcohol or actual workout inspiration.)

bribe me with wine thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

First, I had to hit up Trader Joe’s for dessert to take to my mom’s yesterday. As I was walking up and down the aisles I had a sudden craving for Sangria and grabbed a couple of things to make it happen.

trader joes food haul must haves 600x800 thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

It came out amazing! Or I was buzzed and just think it was good, but hey I’m going to share it anyway.

sunday sangria thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

Easy Sunday Sangria

• 2 bottles of White Zinfindel (I used 2 buck Chuck and it was good!)
  • 1 cup Blackberry Brandy
  • Bag of frozen fruit (take out the bananas and eat them)
trader joes wine sangria recipe 600x800 thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

Eat these while waiting for the fruit and wine to blend.

frozen bananas from trader joes fruit mix 800x600 thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

Mix and refrigerate for a few hours.

tjs two buck chuck sangria 800x600 thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

Serve with a side of cat.

cat guarding my sangria 600x800 thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

I took the Sangra to my mom’s for dinner. We had sushi – delicious!

sushi for birthday 800x600 thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

And the cupcakes I grabbed from Trader Joe’s.

cupcakes for birthday party 800x600 thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

Motivation Monday

I know the weather is crap in many parts of the US right now. It’s actually been warm here for long running, but that is nothing compared to the artic tundra out there! It is HARD to get in a workout when the weather is not playing nice. So, here are a few motivational images to keep ya going!

motivation for workout thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

(source)

motivation for running in winter thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

(source)

on good days i run  thumb Motivation to Run and Easy Sunday Sangria Recipe

Question: Scale of 1 to 10 – How motivated are you this week? What do you need to get it to a 10?

Comments

That Vegas! He makes every picture so perfect.
    It’s kinda sad that the trader joes by my home doesn’t sell liquor. :( I was looking forward to the 2 buck chuck when they opened. Oh we’ll.

I’m actually super motivated this week. It culminates with a weekend of 16 mile training run and a ski day with my niece. The only thing worrying me is my tight hamstring. I will do what I can with stretching and such today and tomorrow and see if that gets things loosened up.
    So I’ll go with a 7 on the scale of 1-10

2. Denise says

What a great post! I am so trying this. This post hit me today. I am feeling under the weather and have a cold and I bailed on my running partner this morning and Feel crappy about it. Your so funny with a side of cat! You are my hero!

3. Jessica says

I’m at 10 this morning!!!! I’m new to running and over the weekend I was able to run 2 straight miles without stopping to walk. When I started I could barley run for 30 seconds straight. I’m super motivated to keep going!

I’m super motivated to make the sangria and party with a bunch of friends.

This week I’m doing my Jillian workouts. I’m ready for serious punishment. Time to get back into strength training.

Anybody have Body Revolution?

Wow those cupcakes look delicious! I’m feeling good this week and motivated to get my workouts done. The weather is nice and summer is on the horizon!

Those e-signs are definitely motivational!

My motivation is probably at a 7. My baby has been a fussy mess from teething, so, his needs will help shape my motivation level. I am hoping to ramp up to a 10 by this afternoon, as I have some big workouts this week, and then a race on Saturday!

7. Jackie says

My motivation is at about a 6. Not great. I am cleaning house though, so that’s something. Thanks for the motivation. Hopefully, I’ll be at a 10 by this afternoon.

My motivation is at a 9, and fortunately the arctic tundra in which I live has calmed down slightly so maybe this week will be better! Thanks to all of you in California who do take time to remember that some of us are dodging black ice and frostbite. :)

9. Tara says

OH I want to be a 10, but, with the cold weather, dodging the flu/cold that is going around everywhere, and well, not being able to run most of this winter due to either A. Snow or B. below 8 degrees; I am FA-reaking out about my 10mile race this Sat.
    Did 3 miles yesterday and although my recovery was fine, those 3 miles HURT!

Some times I hate those pictures about running in the winter… it’s dangerous. I haven’t gotten to run that much this winter due to all the unsafe road conditions like ice and built up snow mounds. I live in the country side so I don’t have easy access to indoor running tracks or parks.

Just on Saturday I was walking from the house to the car, slipped on some ice, and injured my foot. I would rather not run than to risk an injury, or worst yet, have a snow plow truck or car run me over because they couldn’t see me. Running isn’t that important to me. I’ll run when it gets better out.

10 – Our daughter has been admitted to the psych ward for the fourth time in less than a year. The first time, last March, I was a wreck. I couldn’t run because crying and running are not go togethers. The second and third times really did me in and I just completely gave up running. As an avid marathoner and Ironman this is unheard of. This time, I am better prepared and I know that running gets me in the right frame of mind. I ran yesterday, walked today and lifted afterwards. I feel better for having done it.

12. Shannon in Tustin says

I often use that middle photo mantra (you’re only cold if you’re standing still) in those moments when I’m in a warm house headed out to a 50 degree morning. I know I’ll only be cold for the first mile! :)

I am relatively motivated this week; the trail kicked my butt this weekend as I’d been away from it for two weeks. Running in the dirt and up and down the ridges of Peters Canyon will get ya if you slack off! I’m going to run them every single weekend until my race on 3/22.

This weekend I’m running the Coaster Run at Knott’s with my kiddos. They (15 and 12) run the 5k and I run the 10k; it’s a super fun family race that actually goes through Knott’s. As a SoCal native, I think that’s pretty fun stuff. :D

Have a great week, Monica!

After being sick all week last week I am absolutely motivated this week — with a caution to remember my body is still healing and trying to find the balance and take it easy where I can as well!

14. The Silent Assassin says

Very motivated and trying to relax. Saturday will come soon. Ugh. Trader Joes is dangerous for me. I can eat jars of crunchy cookie butter and I treat the TJ’s “Way more chocolate chip cookies” like cookie crisp cereal.

I recently just started running AGAIN (I am a serial quitter) after getting super stressed out about some family stuff. Turns out I can run some sub-9 sprints when I’m really pissed off- who knew?

motivated to take a new look at my workout regime! now that my half marathon is over, I want to go for more strength training and building muscles!