Hello!! How are you? I spent some time over the last 2 weeks really thinking about my New Year’s Resolutions and Goals for 2020.
Some of them are things I’ve been working on for a long time and want to continue to improve on… some of them are new goals that are really important to me for growth… and some of them are BIG scary goals that will take a lot of work to accomplish. And I’m sharing my list with you today!
Recently I saw the ’10 year challenge’ was going around Instagram and started to look for a picture to post my own. I went through old blog posts and realized a few things:
1. Run Eat Repeat is 10 years old. I’ve been blogging for TEN years!
2. I used to ‘life cast’ and share my daily run / workout and what I was eating. That was how it all started – as a training log for my first marathon 10 years ago!
As I recorded my runs and eats snapshots of my life got in too. At first it was things relevant to running or eating like dinners out, travel, family parties, etc.
Most of the time it wasn’t super informative or important… but it was real life. All those day to day thoughts on how I felt, what I ate for breakfast, the weather, Vegas, family get togethers, training ups and downs, searching for the best chocolate chip cookie… I have those things recorded here and I like that.
I’m very grateful that I blogged all that randomness!
And if you go back and read each post from the beginning (please don’t, it’s awkward) you can see my life changing as RER grew, my running got better and my pursuit of health progressed.
*I’ll put some link to old blog posts at the bottom of this so you can get a lil peek at the weirdness I felt comfortable sharing on the internet.*
3. I want to get back to using the blog in part as a training and food log. I’m not sure if it’ll be as frequent as it was before, but at least for the next 4 weeks I’m aiming to go back to basics with that.
I think I’m going to make it a goal to update Monday through Friday with my workouts/eats for 30 days and then see how I feel about it.
So this ties in with one of my New Year’s Resolutions and I’m adding it to the already very long list of 2020 Goals.
Update – 2021 Running Planner
UPDATE: Get the 2021 Running Mileage Tracker for your new year goals!
Did you set your 2020 Goals? What are they?
If you need some help deciding what your goals should be… get The Goal Setting Workbook – a FREE printable pdf to help you identify your top goals, decide on a main one and make a plan to get it done.
My 2020 Goals:
Here’s a list of my New Year’s Resolutions and Running Goals and Life Goals…
2020 Goals / New Year’s Resolutions
- Run 5 days a week – The hard part of this is only running 5 days a week. I want to run everyday. But I’m coming off a broken foot and need to be smarter about recovery and rest. So run 5 days a week Max and 2 rest days a week from running to stay healthy.
- Strength Train 5 days a week – Strength training helps me look and feel more toned than running. When I’ve done strength training consistently in the past I feel like I can see the results more than running or diet changes. Oh and I was just diagnosed with osteopenia and weight bearing exercise helps with that!
- Run 12 races [2013 lesson = running a lot of races helped me get a lot faster]
- Run a sub-3:35 Marathon [create training plan to get fit and faster – this will take all year to build up]
- Create a How To Series Start Running series for RER
- Record Video Lessons to go with the Run Faster Challenge
- Be Kind even when other people are not
- Set up a budget (maybe with an app)
- Prioritize my time with people who care about me (avoid people who make me sad)
- Listen to understand (not listen to respond)
- Be present
- Walk 20 minutes everyday & listen to a Spanish tutorial
- Get ready 5 days a week
- Do my nighttime routine when my alarm goes off
- Travel somewhere new
- Read the Bible
- Be brave
Bonus: Blog Monday to Friday for 4 weeks.
My Word of the Year / Phrase of the Year is – Do your best.