Hello! I thought I shared this Running Log many moons ago… but I couldn’t find it in my posts list. So I’m adding this short post so it’s easy to find for anyone in the market for a simple, free Running Log.
This printable was part of the Run Faster 5 Day Challenge guide. So if you signed up for that you should have received it via email. If not… scroll down and grab it! Happy Running!!
Tips for Using a Running Log:
- Be consistent. Take a minute to fill in your workout, how it went and anything else noteworthy right after you’re done.
- Pay attention to your body. If it’s telling ya something – note it. (Then, change your training as needed.)
- Learn – don’t judge. This is a tool to help you. It’s not a form meant to make you feel bad if you missed a workout or feel like you’re running pace should be faster. Review it when you’re in a good mood and are able to be kind to yourself.
- Do you. Set goals and make sure your training is moving in the direction of YOUR GOALS. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else.
- Note anything that impacts your running. There are obstacles you might dominate and others that are a struggle. Every body is different. So I don’t have a complete list but here are some potential factors that can impact your running. Use these ideas to think about what helps you run better/stronger/faster and what hurts your running performance.
Factors that may impact your running:
- Fuel / Lack of proper fuel
- Stomach / Digestive Issues
- Speed workouts
- Awesome Runs!
- Challenging Weather (heat / cold / dangerous conditions)
- Time of Month
- Injury / Soreness / Recovery
- Mental Health
- Work / School / Social obligations
- Energy Levels
- Sleep / Lack of Sleep
- Rest Days
- Unexpected events
- Gear Issues (improper gear / adjustments / chafing / etc)
- Location (rough terrain, elevation, stop lights, hills…)
- Safety issues (too dark, unsafe, traffic, animals, etc)
- Running buddy (lack of, different goals/abilities/schedules)
- Training plan (too challenging, not challenging enough, lack of, etc.)
- Spending all day eating watermelon and reading Run Eat Repeat… (oh is that just me?)