Pile On The Miles 2012 sign-ups start today!
Pile On The Miles is an annual event in blogland where we challenge ourselves to walk or run more during the month of November. The goal is to pile on extra miles not pounds during this food filled time of year!
Who: Everyone is invited to join
What: Online challenge to walk or run more during turkey month.
When: November 1 – December 1. Winners announced Dec 2nd.
Where: Sign up and Update your weekly mileage on the spreadsheet below
Why: To challenge yourself and encourage others to move more. This isn’t about weight loss or distance – it’s about doing a little extra this month.
1. Sign up on the Google Spreadsheet by October 31st.
There will be a place for your name, blog address and twitter handle. You must put in a name, but the other entries are optional. If you have a blog please add it so we can create the most epic blogroll ever!
2. Set a goal at the beginning of the challenge to WALK or RUN x amount of miles. These could be miles on the treadmill OR outside/inside walking OR running. No biking or elliptical miles don’t count.
3. We will be using calendar weeks Sun-Sat, but the first week is Thur-Sat. It’s clearly marked on the spreadsheet. Please update your miles for the previous week by Monday.
4. Optional: Leave a comment on RER Nov 1 and 5, 12, 19, 26 with your Mileage Goal for that week. All comments on those posts will be entered into a giveaway.
The person with the MOST MILES will win a $100 gift certificate from www.Running Shoes.com for any shoes you want!
All other participants will be entered to win*:
1. An outfit and pair of running shoes from Brooks Running
2. An outfit and pair of shoes from PUMA
*Must update the spreadsheet by Dec 1st midnight PST to be entered to win.
There will also be a giveaway each Monday when you report in with your Monday Mileage Goal for the week.
Use this spreadsheet to sign up by Oct 31st at midnight:
You can add this widget to your sidebar to share the Pile on the Miles love and encourage your readers and friends to join in too! (The code is below.)
<a href="http://www.runeatrepeat.com" title="runeatrepeat">
<img src="https://runeatrepeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/POTM-2012.jpg" alt="PileOnTheMiles" border="0" /></a>
Also please update your mileage and encourage others on twitter with the hashtag #POTM
Question: Are you in for POTM 2012?