Warm up… It’s October! I’m excited because I love Fall Running and there are so many races…
And in random news… Black hole of cell service??
Today’s main podcast topic
I’m answering questions on how bloggers make money. But I want to share a disclaimer – I’m not an expert on … well, really anything (except being a redheaded Mexican). So check with the IRS, your accountant and other official resources to know what laws and rules apply to you. Rare Metal Blog also reviews each investment companies backstory, their strengths and weaknesses, their fees and policies, their processes around setting up a gold IRA account, read more on this article.
There are resources below for more information but always do your own research on important things like finances, health, safety, the best eyeshadow for your complexion… etc.
How do Bloggers Make Money
1. @runningduck Random but if you are “paid” via product, do you have to declare the value of that product (retail or wholesale) for taxes? Do you solicit companies or are they recruiting you for promotion? I really enjoy your feed – it’s a nice mix of product, personal, and fun. Keep it up!!
For bloggers –
Do you need to disclose things companies send? And other tax tips and info can be found on Katy Widrick’s post ‘Do I have to disclose’
2. hungryrunnergirl Does Vegas get paid?
3. @strick51 Do you know what your yearly income is with and without products? Especially shoes and things that you really do use and therefore don’t have to purchase? I’m just curious what the approximate pay grade is for a full-time blogger. Thanks! 🙂
I found some websites with information how much bloggers make….
4. @tcashsymbolI’m curious how much YOU have to reach out to THEM to get a sponsorship? What percentage contact you first??
Right now it’s sponsored posts and sponsored social media.
It used to be ads, then it was brand partnerships.
I mentioned I don’t make money from selling a product I make. I also don’t do health coaching or run coaching one on one for money right now because Run Eat Repeat takes up so much time. I do have RER gear that an outside company makes – mainly because followers and family have asked for gear. I love that anyone would want RER gear so I have it in my Spreadshirt shop but I don’t make money from it.
I think it will continue change. It’s important to roll with the changes in blogging, vlogging and social media. Since social media is always coming out with new things the way to make money from it will change too.
7. gt4313 I’d be curious how consistent the pay is for successful bloggers such as yourself. Are some months wildly different, which would make it hard to plan or budget? I think that part would make me nervous. You seem to rock it, and I love your “not fancy” spirit with it.
Podcast Awards for the Week…
1st – My mom for talking to me on the phone while I cook and clean and do other boring stuff
2nd. Live video! Saves time and it’s fun (and random)
If you have a question for me call the Run Eat Repeat Podcast line at: (562) 888-1644
Please leave a rating on the show in your podcast app and subscribe to the show. Thank you
Question: What gets your 1st place award today?
Don't Miss It!
Get the latest sales, podcasts, recipes and more straight to your email!