Hello! I ran in Long Beach this weekend and made it all the way to the Queen Mary!! This is extra exciting for me because I love running in Long Beach, Ca and I’ve run this route so many times before but never did this route that actually takes you all the way to the ship!! I was very very happy about this new to me running route and new experience! And I was also happy to run with Coach Steve and see some of my Sole Runner Buddies!!
Here’s a quick RUN down (get it?) of this weekend’s long run. And I have an Instagram Story template you can use to set your main goal for this week. Check it out and share it on Instagram tagging @RunEatRepeat so I can see what your goals are right now!!
First… running in Long Beach:
I ran with Coach Steve … His running group The Sole Runners are training for the Long Beach marathon and half marathon.
1. We ran around the marina and made our way to the bike / pedestrian path on the beach. First stop was saying hello to Captain Morgan!
2. Coach Steve has gotten really fast and was pushing me from the very beginning. I got mad at him a little bit while we were running… but I am really glad that he makes me step it up.
3. I’ve been here a lot but never ran to the Queen Mary! The route I usually do goes to a pier across the water from it. So I was super excited to try a new route! //
4. The Sole Runners tradition is to go all the way up and touch it before turning around.
5. We started early to try and beat the heat but it still ended up being super hot!
6. Leann it is the Sole Runners support crew and sets out an aid station on long runs. They had watermelon coconut water Gatorade soda cookies and more!
7. RER pose with the Queen Mary in the background!
Instagram Story Template
Fill out this insta story template with your main goal for the week. Choose one thing to focus on and really go after it!!
You can find more goal templates and other fun fill-in or this/that stories under “Templates” in my Instagram Highlights!
Question: What is your MAIN goal this week?
Run SMART Goals
Fill out this form to get the SMART Running Goals worksheet to your inbox!