Back Seat Blogging

After breakfast I slathered on the sunscreen and headed down to the beach for a few last rays of sunshine.IMG_4854 (800x600)

We are staying at Eagle’s Nest, a big condo building right on the beach. It’s a great location, but this is “off season” so it’s not too crowded. IMG_4857 (800x600)

IMG_4859 (800x600)

IMG_4861 (800x600)

IMG_4862 (800x600)

IMG_4863 (800x600)

I think I’ve already gotten my money’s worth from my $7.00 dress.IMG_4866 (800x600)

IMG_4868 (800x600)

Owen (Ben’s nephew), Ben’s dad, and us SmileIMG_4870 (800x600)

The sun is so bright and the sand is so white, it’s blinding when you first go outside.IMG_4873 (800x600)

IMG_4880 (600x800)

I packed up my stuff (which is not easy to do when it’s all strewn about the condo and balcony) to head home. Then, I packed up my belly with food.IMG_4881 (600x800)

Bed of lettuce topped with rice, veggie burger and layer salad. Just like when I get fro-yo…it’s all about the toppings to me!

IMG_4883 (800x600)

Eaten on the balcony for maximum sweating eating pleasure.IMG_4884 (800x600)

In addition to Running on the Equator and Swimming, we did something else fun during this vacation… took a test to see if I’m everyone else is crazy! We found this Hare Psychopathy Checklist to find out if a few of us were crazy or not. youre the crazy one

No comments on the results Winking smile But, if Ben “sends me away” someday you’ll know why.

And the reason for the title – I’m currently blogging from the backseat of Jon’s Pruis IMG_4893 (800x600)

You guys know I LOVE California. But, I am always sad to leave Florida. It’s nice and hot and full of family too Smile IMG_4890 (800x600)

I reeeeeally need to catch up on email and work stuff on the plane. So, I’ll probably catch you guys after my morning shift tomorrow Smile

Thank you all so much for your comments and thoughts on my last post about “daily eats blogging” and stuff. I’m mulling a lot over in my head movies and appreciate it!

Comments

1. Shannonrenee says

Hey Monica,
    As a California native and someone who has never been to Florida I was wondering how different the two states are? Anything major that stands out to you? I’m just curious… Thanks!

I think the weather and plants are the most obvious thing. In CA we don’t get humidity at all. I think it’s 100% easier to run in CA heat than FL heat (even if the temps are the exact same). The humidity keeps the heat in too, so it’s not as cool to run in the morning or at night, whereas in CA you can “beat the heat” by running early.

And Ben says, “there are no bugs in California”. Because the Florida bugs are so big in comparison he thinks they barely count :)

Vacations are always so fun…. until you have to go home and unpack everything… Oh god then the laundry. Don’t forget about the laundry… at least you’ll have a sweet tan 😉

Sounds like a great time. The beach is beautiful. Kev and I usually go to Jamaica every Dec. but this will be the 1st time in 5 years we are not. We are pretty sad BUT we’ll really appreciate when we go back in 2012 so I have to just suck it up.

Looking at possibly going to a beach state side this summer, we’ll see if that happens.

Oh and love that dress!

4. Christin says

oooh the beach in FL looks so amazing!!
    Took the psychopathy test…I scored pretty low but then I did it as if I were my husband and…lolz yeah I might hafta ship him out! haha :)

That beach looks amazing! San Diego has been stuck in June Gloom lately and it sucks! Everywhere else in the country it hot and sunny!