Baked Taquitos

Hello! I didn’t post after lunch yesterday so let’s catch up…

I made a snack of wasa crisps, cottage cheese and granola in the afternoon.IMG 8121 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

And when I realized Ben was coming home on the late side, a bowl of protein cereal I got at the Natural Products Expo. IMG 8123 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

I had Crockpot Salsa Chicken cooking all day and when it was done I shredded it for taquitos. It’s perfect since it’s seasoned and ready to go for a ton of different recipes!

My corn tortillas were a bit dry so I microwaved them with a splash of water on the plate for 30 seconds and they were easy to work with.IMG 8127 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

I had a pile of shredded chicken and a pile of tortillas for my taquito making station. IMG 8132 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

Try to catch me rollin’ dirty. Roll them up tight.IMG 8139 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos IMG 8135 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

I lined them up seam side down on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-25 minutes or until hard.IMG 8143 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

Done.IMG 8149 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

Dip.IMG 8171 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

IMG 8151 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

Oh, and I’m dumb because I bought SELF magazine yesterday and then got my subscription copy in the mail. IMG 8176 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

Ben’s Comment of the Day:

I told Ben about the no carbs 2 days a week study I read and he disputed it…

Ben: “No, I think it’s no CARS 2 days a week. You have to walk everywhere and that’s how you lose weight…”

Noted.

This morning I woke up to very chilly weather. It was 38 degrees! I did 5.5 miles (meant to do 6 but underestimated this route). I devoured a banana upon return and made Bagel Thin French Toast for breakfast. IMG 8190 800x533 thumb Baked Taquitos

Now I’m headed to the Subaru First Car webisode shoot! There has been so many exciting events lately I feel like I’m constantly nervous. I have anxiety, good thing I run or I would be an even bigger mess.

I have updated my Events Page and am still working on FAQs. I got a fun Ask a Monican question to answer this week so if you have a random, fun question send it over so this AAM will be completely useless just fun stuff.

Question: How do deal with situations that make you nervous?

I pee myself or am mean to Ben.

Comments

Usually exercise or a little relaxation helps with both, but I respond to stress and anxiety differently.
    Stress: crying, or I get insanely cranky (I think my boyfriend prefers the crying haha), and I lose my appetite.
    Anxiety: I pick at my nails, and I am constantly restless. I also like to eat a lot.

haha i think ben’s onto something with the no cars 2 days a week thing…that might be tough to pull off in some cities though. anyway, when im really stressed..i tend to cry hah i cant help myself. exercise always helps though and hugs from the hubs. ur dinner looks great-so easy too!

It’s bizarre that its warmer here in MA than it is there in Cali. I really like Bens version of no cars, sounds like something my fiance would say. When I’m nervous I freak out, I can’t help it. Been trying to take more omega-3s to decrease anxiety and drink “get relaxed” herb tea for stress relief haha.

Thanks for the taquitos recipe! I’ve been getting them at a local Mexican place when I get a craving but they are deep fried (gasp) so I try not to do that very often. Looks like a great use for my own crock pot chicken recipe.

First off, I am drooling over those taquitos. We are remodeling our kitchen so right now I just eat microwave dinner…yeah real healthy. AND the guacamole…yummy!
    As for nerves…they give me the adrenaline I need. So I get more nervous when I’m not nervous…haha.

Whenever I’m in a situation that makes me nervous, I feel like I kind of shut my brain off to whatever is about to happen until it’s actually happening. I don’t think that’s what you’re meant to do but as long as I prepared in advance, it usually keeps me calm enough!

It’s funny, when I’m feeling anxious or upset I used to
    A) vent to my mom untill I got more worked up and then
    B) have a glass of wine.
    Now, I
    A) vent to my mom until I get more worked up, then
    B) RUN
    C) wish I hadn’t vented because I feel 10x better and now my mom’s a mess.

Those taquitos look amazing, I totally need to make those! I’m dumb and have never thought of making those before! I would use flour tortillas though because corn are gross. :-)

9. Denise P. says

How come I never knew you could make your own taquitos? I guess that isn’t something my Italian grandmother had on the menu very often so I never learned.

This is perfect, especially being a single gal now – I won’t ever go through a whole pack of tortillas. I could do tacos with the slower cooker chicken one night and taquitos another. Yum!

10. Denise P. says

I made these last night YUM! (and ate a whole avocado with them – I’m sure you’ve never done that…)

Mine didn’t turn out as pretty as yours (I didn’t roll them tight), but I added some cheese in a couple of them and they were so good.

I also made your tortilleni veggie dish the night before and have leftovers today for lunch. (I needed some inspiration this week and your recipe tab saved the day.)