Protein Waffle Recipe

I told ya I was thinking about waffles yesterday. So when I woke up this morning breakfast was an easy choice – WAFFLES!

Protein waffles to be exact…

protein waffle recipe thumb Protein Waffle Recipe

It’s been a long time since I’ve made waffles in my waffle maker – throwing a frozen one in the toaster oven is just so easy! But, I wanted a fresh one and threw together a protein waffle recipe from memory. Remember when the blogworld used to make protein pancakes and waffles every Sunday? Oh, the good ol’ days. Luckily, it’s back!

Protein Waffle Recipe

Serves one. Gluten free. Protein full.

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop protein powder (I used Muscle Milk Banana Crème)
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • dash salt
  • 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg whites
  • 1 Tb. greek yogurt

Directions: Heat waffle maker and spray thoroughly with oil or non-stick. Mix dry ingredients. Add wet, mix. Pour on waffle maker and cook until done. Don’t check it too often. I let it cook for a good amount of time before I peek, but my waffle maker is old school. IMG 2539 800x533 thumb Protein Waffle Recipe

Top with syrup, peanut butter, sardines, whatever you like.

Enjoy! IMG 2549 800x533 thumb Protein Waffle Recipe

Question: Pancakes or Waffles?

Comments

Pancakes, but only if they have chocolate chips in them. I also love a good hotel-style Belgian waffle, but it must have peanut butter in every single little pocket. Now I’m hungry.

Oh man! Pancakes OR waffles? How bout both :) I’ve been looking for a recipe that using protein powder and these fit the bill! Thanks! Happy Sunday and God Bless!
    -kris @ kriswithbliss.com

99% of the time it’s waffles, but once in awhile I get massive cravings for chocolate chip pancakes. We have a local hole-in-the-wall breakfast place that has a TON of each- perfect after a long morning bike ride.

4. Emily M says

this looks so yummy and easy! I think I actually have all the ingredients too! Can I make as a pancake tho? I don’t own a waffle maker (tragedy, yes, I know).

Homemade waffles with peanut butter and real maple syrup is the PERFECT way to start any day. My mom makes the fluffiest belgian waffles and I can eat them until I’m stuffed! The fact that these are gluten free and full of protein makes them a healthier option for days when I’m busy and active. I need to get a waffle iron so I can try these out!

Monica – Looks like a healthy and satisfying waffle! I love the Flapjacked.com Protein Pancake mix because it’s so easy to make (just add water) and my entire family eats it. I think you’ve blogged about it before. Have you ever tried it for waffles? – Eli

Waffles! Although I usually end up eating pancakes more often than waffles. I love filling each little square up with syrup and meticulously eating it in groups of 4 squares per bite (I swear I’m not OCD at all…)

I just used my new waffle maker for the first time this weekend and am in love. I love waffles with peanut butter and maple syrup. So good!

Waffles! I forget sometimes that it really isn’t THAT hard to get the waffle iron out of the cabinet to make them homemade. But if laziness didn’t win so much of the time, they wouldn’t be a special occasion food, would they?

10. Anabel says

Thanks for the great recipe. I’ve been looking for something to fool myself into feeling like I’m eating normal food – only so many protein shakes and egg omelets you can eat for breakfast. The batter was extremely thick and I was sceptical even as I was pouring it into the waffle iron, but it came out just fine. It wasn’t crispy but the flavor was good. The only thing is it was a bit dry. Any suggestions on getting it more moist but not soggy?

11. Z says

This recipe was amazing, fulling. I love waffes but stopped eating when I changed to a cleanier, healthier diet. These are perfect to help me meet my goals w/o eating tastless items. This will be a regular meal. So easy, quick, and afforable to make. Thank you.

12. Kati says

Thank you for the recipe! I made mine with chocolate protein powder and topped with jelly and syrup (oh, the sugar). :) they were delicious!!

13. Curtis Hughson says

One REALLY cool trick is to whip the eggs by themselves before adding them to the batter. This will help make them a bit fluffier like traditional waffles! Love the website!