XTERRA Trail Run Series–Snow Valley 21km video

Hello! How’s your lil week going?

I made an album of pictures from the XTERRA trail 21km in Snow Valley. They are on the RER Facebook page if you’d like to check ‘em out.

image thumb53 XTERRA Trail Run Series–Snow Valley 21km video

And I forgot I made a video when I was there too! Hello Monican, get it together. I remembered when Steve shared his video earlier.

I didn’t get a lot of footage during the race because I was busy trying not to be eaten by bears. Here’s 3 minutes of my weekend…

XTERRA Trail Race Series puts on a ton of races throughout the US. Check them out at that link to find an Xterra race near you.

I also want to give a big virtual hug to Teresa, a reader who emailed me last week. Her mom passed away last month and running has helped her get through it. She made this drawing and I wanted to share.

teresas running drawing thumb XTERRA Trail Run Series–Snow Valley 21km video

Running is rad! Pass it on wlEmoticon smile6 XTERRA Trail Run Series–Snow Valley 21km video

pin it button XTERRA Trail Run Series–Snow Valley 21km video

Comments

What a beautiful race! Thanks for making that video, and inspiring race envy in all of us.

I am happy to hear that Theresa has found comfort in running – virtual hugs from me as well!

2. Alli W says

That is such an awesome drawing!! I lost my father 4 years ago when I was a senior in high school. It wasn’t until last Spring that I started running and it helped me to heal more in the last year and a half than I had in those first 2 1/2 years! I will be running my first full marathon this October in his memory!!

3. Pam says

loved your video Monica! great job on the trail race. :)

Teresa – Beautiful drawing!! :) I’m happy that running has helped you with your feelings towards the loss of your mother.

4. Angelica says

I have to admit that your use of “lil” as of late is annoying (to me) and somewhat condescending. I don’t mean to be a negative nancy, but it just doesn’t seem to match the way you actually speak.

I say “little day” “little Grams” “little dog” all the time as a term of endearment. Not sure why I just started using it here, but writing out little seems weird to me (even in this comment) so I write ‘lil’. It’s meant to be informal, that’s all :)

As an artist and also someone who took a few classes in Art Therapy, I can really appreciate Teresa’s Running is Rad drawing. Thanks for sharing. Big virtual hug to you Teresa.

I’m actually not immune to loss either. My husband died when he was just 29 (I was 25 at the time). I found my love of running after he passed away as I was trying to find my place in the world and add some life back into my life. Running is my therapy and a huge part of my identity. Sally the runner…..no longer Sally the widow.

Cute video….

6. april says

that’s awesome – running can absolutely be a form of therapy (and it’s pretty rad, too ;)). sending lots of love to teresa <3

7. Sheila says

Cool video! I’m glad you enjoyed the race. I live in those same mountains! So I get to run, hike, kayak and play in them in my own “backyard.” It’s nice to hear/see an outside perspective. Makes me appreciate where I live even more!

Really enjoy your blog. Lots of great tips for me being a newbie runner!

Hi there to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this website, and your views are nice designed for new people.