Hello! I love that March 1st is on a Monday – it feels like a double fresh start. But before I set any goals for the month I want to recap how many miles I ran in February and the best food of the month.
And if you like to track your month in miles or kilometers… I have a great template you can use in your Instagram Stories (and on Facebook). It’s saved in the @RunEatRepeat Instagram Story Highlights under ‘Templates’ to make it easy.
How to Use the Instagram Story Template
- Go to @RunEatRepeat Instagram and click on ‘Templates’ in the Highlights
- Tap towards the right side of your phone to skip through until you see the one you want to use. (If you go too far – tap the left side of your phone to go back.)
- Screenshot the template you want to use.
- Go to your Instagram Stories to add a post. Choose the template you screenshot.
- Click the ‘Aa’ text button to fill in your answers.
- Tag @RunEatRepeat (for credit & because I love to connect with you on IG).
- Share it with your followers!
Here’s the Monthly Miles Template in case you want to use it for your blog or screensaver, but it’s probably easiest to do it straight on IG for sizing purposes.
February Miles Total
I haven’t counted up my monthly mileage since before I broke my foot. And even then I wasn’t doing it consistently because it’s never been a big deal to me (see: that time I just missed running 2,000 miles in 1 year because I wasn’t tracking mileage).
Since the timeline for road races are still unknown and I need something to go by – I decided to go back to basics and check in with my overall runs and eats for the month.
February Miles Notes:
- I’ve taken a few extra rest days lately when my knee was bugging me (I think it’s related to my foot messing with my form & need to get to a chiro or something to get popped into place).
- I don’t know how many miles I ran in January because mid-month I started to use a new running watch and the old one’s dead right now. I’ll probably look it up later but it’s not going to keep me up at night.
- I had my watch in my bag and accidentally turned it on one day so it recorded a 31+ mile run. I don’t think it was that I went for a run and forgot to stop it because it happened on a rest day when I was hanging out with my nieces (so they could’ve also just been pushing buttons on it but I don’t think so).
2021 Monthly Miles –
- January: ???
- February: 116.24 Miles
- March: TBD
Overall: That would be a great number of miles IF it was a lot of quality running workouts (like speed work, hills, tempo), but it’s not. Last week I planned out my training at the beginning of the week and it was hard, but good running. Planning is so important to make progress. It was challenging and I felt soooooo slow during the speed runs but I know that’s what I should focus on right now.
So I don’t have a mileage goal for March and won’t make one. I’m going to plan out my training at the beginning of the week and focus on tempo runs, easy runs, long runs and strength training.
Even though it was a short month it was packed with a lot of happiness. My first highlight of the month is being featured on Dr. Oz sharing Tips about Running in public places and running mask etiquette.
If you missed it check it out here: *Run Eat Repeat on Dr. Oz*
My mom’s birthday is Valentine’s Day so we celebrated with my nieces. My mom’s friend dropped off a HUGE piñata as a gift a few days before her birthday. Even though it was just my family we had to fill it with candy and break it open.
Basically my niece broke it all by herself. That’s pretty cool, right? When else do you get to be the only one to bust open a piñata?!
In other Valentine’s Day News…
Ben is in SoCal right now for work and brought me Valentines in the form of donuts and iced coffee.
Another HUGE HAPPY moment for me was getting a manicure and pedicure for the first time since last March (when the pandemic hit). I shared it on IG but it’s wild for me to NOT get a pedicure at least every 3 or 4 weeks. WILD. I think I’ve gotten one at least monthly since high school.
It felt so good to get a pedicure and see that the nail salon had up plastic shields and everyone was wearing masks. I went mid-day on a weekday and so it was pretty empty too.
I didn’t take fancy before and after pictures but I did snap this pic while I was icing my knee and you can see my toes…
To round out the best eats of the month…
A place nearby has the best Taco ‘Salad’ – yes, I think ‘salad’ has to be in quotes because it’s more like a HUGE Taco Boat with lettuce. My parents usually split it when they go. And before I got one my mom was adamant that one person can’t finish it.
Um, mom… do have we met? Do you think this is amateur hour??
And one night when I was hanging out with Ben we ordered California Pizza Kitchen. Well, I suggested what to get and he added a bunch of stuff to the order.
I just realized there are no pics of Diego in this recap! Oh well… I’ll share one of him tomorrow. He misses you.
If you want a printable monthly miles tracker – I made this for you: 2021 Monthly Miles Tracker
Keep Going with these:
- Pros & Cons of the: ‘Run the Year Challenge’
- Runner Strength and Conditioning Workout A
- Best Gear to Run Safe at Night
> > > Follow me and say Hi @RunEatRepeat Instagram