Ask A Monican #10 and Egg Salad

Lunch came a little early today, just because I was hungry. I tried to stall a bit with a Vita water thing, but that didn’t work so I decided to go for it. I made a wrap stuffed with Trader Joe’s egg salad, apple, carrots IMG 8900 800x533 thumb Ask A Monican #10 and Egg Saladand pretzels drowning in hummus…

IMG 8902 800x533 thumb Ask A Monican #10 and Egg Salad

Here is Ask A Monican #10 -

1. How to curb emotional and binge eating.

2. Why I don’t do speed work. Spoiler alert: It’s because I’m too lazy.

I have a Coach’s meeting for my running group tonight and don’t know how late it will run. So, in case you are sad that I’m MIA later you can check out this week’s RER  highlights:

Bird’s Nest Dessert Recipe

April Showers Challenge

and a Flashback Friday Favorite:

A Year Ago Today I was living in Maryland! I can’t believe that was a year ago. I miss it, but am relieved I’m not there at the same time?

Email me questions for the next Ask a Monican to RunEatRepeat at gmail dot com!

pin it button Ask A Monican #10 and Egg Salad

Comments

1. Angie says

Thank you for this video!!! I love the everything you said about intuitive eating and finding what works for you. Whenever I’m having a down moment, I know I can come to your blog and find something encouraging :)

I love your answer to question #1, spot on! Not eating enough throughout the day always leads me to overcompensate at night. Also totally agree with choosing the snack that you legitimately want, or else you wont be satisfied.

Agree with #2 as well: I always try to do what I want, not what I feel like I should do.

Basically loved this VLOG :)

Love the Vlogs. I really like intuitive eating and want to get some of the books I’ve seen on your blog. I need all the advice I can get. Blah.

4. griselda says

i just love your blog! :) cant wait for the upcoming ask a monican because i am very curious how you manage to grocery shop for a healthy eater and a not all the time healthy eater. i will keep checking back! also, i just ordered a runeatrepeat shirt and am SO excited.

I just finished re-reading one of Geneen Roth’s books and she says she gained weight for the first 3 months. (Yeah, not what we want to hear, but truth.) Then, she stabilized. Then it she lost and has been able to maintain the loss for years.

I think she is a lot more “real” than a lot of the other IE books because she actually went through it after having weight issues for years.

Thanks for this vlog. I think “control” is not a great word for people who struggle with dsyfunctional relationships with eating, food & their bodies.

Control tends to have a negative effect on people’s habits, causing them to eat in a scary way. Just my opinion. :)

I wanted to recommend 2 resources to your readers, both by Dr. Susan Albers:

Eating Mindfully (book)
    50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food (book)

Here’s a great link: