The best podcasts I’m listening to right now – a list of my favorites in each category and a lil bit about them. I’m answering a super important but maybe TMI running question – do you wear underwear under running shorts / tights? And finally the awards this week are HUGE!!
In case you’re new here…
I’m Monica and I created Run Eat Repeat.com to share 2 huge goals – run 1 full marathon, lose 20 pounds. Since then I’ve run 30 full marathons, 50 halfs, 900 donuts and now Run Eat Repeat is a huge community online and now this podcast. I’m happy you’re here!
– I’m going to a knife skills class tonight! I’ll let you know if I chop off a finger! Maybe I’ll raffle it off…
– I just listened to Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. It was amazing!
I turned on YouTube before my long run this weekend and randomly a talk by a doctor that was on Mt. Everest the season Krakaur was where a lot of people died was talking about crisis response. Since they mentioned the book I downloaded it and immediately started to listen to it on the run. I was done in a few days. Yeah! Good books and running!!
I have an Audible subscription so I listened to it – but it’s available the old fashioned way too.
– I’ve been getting questions about the Pile on the Miles for this year. Yes! I’m going to do it again in November but I’m thinking about options for check-ins and considering doing a Run Bet.
Run Bet – you bet $40 on yourself that you’ll run a set amount of times. It’s usually 4 days a week for 30 minutes.
Would you be interested?
What would be a good goal for you?
My favorite Trader Joe’s Pumpkin seasonal foods that are healthy. List up now!
Running Gear Question:
I’d like to remain anonymous because, maybe everyone already knows the answer to this but…what do you/people wear under their running shorts/tights? I just listened to your “best running shorts” podcast and wondered. Commando? Thong? If so, which ones? Thanks for letting me ask this slightly embarrassing question. 🙂
Take the Instagram Poll to chime in if you wear underwear while running!
If you want to wear underwear while you workout try a pair that’s made specifically to wear under running tights, shorts or yoga pants.
Workout / Running Underwear:
Under Armour Pure Stretch Thong (I’ve heard good reviews of these)
My Favorite Podcasts
Best Running / Fitness Podcasts:
My favorite running podcasts right now are
1. Another Mother Runner the podcast – mix of interviews with runners, race tips & recaps, training Q&A and more.
2. Endurance Planet – I’m kinda new to this one so far it’s 2 guys answering listener running, triathlon, nutrition… questions. They have mentioned a female co-host though so I think it’s co-ed sometimes. The male hosts both sound experienced and educated on running and training.
Other running podcasts in my list…
The Running Lifestyle podcast – I used to listen to this one a lot and just lost it in my usual rotation. I think it’s cute and helpful. I like that the host is big on emotional psychology.
DizRuns – He was on the RER podcast and is super fun!
Get Fit Guy – love this style of short episodes packed with research based advice. Each episode is on one specific tip or question.
The Run to the Top podcast – I used to listen to this when Tina Muir was the host. She has another podcast now – Running for Real podcast! I just haven’t updated my podcast list to listen yet.
Run Selfie Repeat now She Can and She Did podcast – From the creator of the sports bra squad Kelly Roberts updates on her marathon training, mental training and overcoming injuries
Best Fun / Comedy Podcasts:
1. Juicy Scoop with Heather McDonald
2. Watch What Crappens
I just discovered The Bitch Bible and Bitch Sesh… so I’m not sure if I love them yet but BB has had some funny moments.
Best Lifestyle Podcasts:
1. Skinny Confidential
2. Young House Love has a podcast
Best Health Nutrition Podcasts:
1. The Nutrition Diva Podcast
2. Rich Roll Podcast
Model Health Show & Food Pysch
Best True Crime Podcasts:
I loved Serial and from there discovered Crime Writers On… and then other true crime podcasts.
The best ones I’ve listened to recently:
1. In the Dark
3. Dirty John – a show is coming out soon so listen and then we can watch it
Check out Podcast Episode 89 for details on This is Actually Happening
Best News Podcasts:
1. Ted Radio Hour
2. Ted Talks Daily
I don’t really listen to the other ones.
Best Business Podcasts:
1. Gary V – Love his no BS style. And I’m not fancy either.
2. Pat Flynn is an entrepreneur and sounds so down to earth.
Best Religion / Mental Health Podcasts:
1. Love Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday
2. Love Meditation Minis to listen to when I go to sleep
3. Love the Savvy Psychologist
Chime in on today’s Instagram post and let me know your favorite podcast!!
And be sure to join the private Facebook group for more fun and to talk about running, eating and the show!
The Run Eat Repeat team won 1st for the half marathon team division at the Revel Cottonwood race!!
And the RER team won 4th place for the marathon division!!
Check out the Race Discounts page to save on the other Revel Races and a lot of other races!!
If you have a question for me – email [email protected] or call the RER voicemail line 562 888 1644
And if you need motivation to workout, want to share a Rest Day Brag or just feel like encouraging someone else – comment on my daily Run Report on IG with your update!
Thanks for listening and have a great run!!