Here’s a list of the 11 BEST Websites for runners. It’s a round up of sites that list all the races coming up throughout the country, training plans, running coach sites, running magazines and more. If you have a suggestion to add to the list – leave it in the comments.
I figure you’re probably busy catching up on all the work you procrastinated yesterday (am I the only one that would used Monday to catch up with friends at school or work?!) so I’ll skip the small talk and share over 10 other running websites that you can use to ‘waste’ your time when RER annoys you with that darn running pose…
11 Best Websites for Runners
- Active.com and Running in the USA – Popular race finder and race registration websites. Do you want to run a 5K, 10K, Half or Full marathon? Check these big sites for a complete list of ‘big city’ and local races. They list races of all distances and fun runs like obstacle course races, color runs, etc.
- Competitor – Tons of articles about running, tips, training information and features on amazing runners.
- Women’s Running Magazine – is also owned by Competitor and a great resource for articles, gear reviews and tips for runners.
- Runner’s World – Obvious choice and I still love it. The focus is on elite runners, but have started to feature recreational runners a lot too.
- Hal Higdon and Jeff Galloway – Running Coaches and very accomplished runners, these two legendary runners offer the best training plans for everything from your first 5k to how to PR a full marathon. Check out both if you are looking for a training plan. Galloway uses the run/walk method – it’s highly recommended if you’re a new runner, coming back from an injury or injury prone.
- Half Marathons.Net – List of all the half marathons in the USA and some international half marathons too. This list of half marathon races also has a section where runners have reviews the races below the listing. So if you’re looking to research what’s the best race for you and want to know all the details – check there.
- Marathon Guide – List of all marathons in the world with reviews, link to marathon sites and more.
- Cool Running – I think Cool Running started the first Couch to 5k program. (There are multiple options now.) The site also is a mix of training plans, events and other running related articles.
- Meet-Up, Road Runners Club of America or local listings – to find a running club near you.
- Your Favorite Running Blog – (cough, RunEatRepeat.com hint hint… I’m not saying it’s the BEST option but you’re already here and I need friends so… um, stick around. K. Thanks.) There are a lot of options and ideally it’s someone you can learn a thing or two from and/or is entertaining so you forget the pain of running and just hit the pavement in solidarity. If you want to be fancy you can read professional runners’ blogs like Kara Goucher (who updates her FB more so I’m sharing that), Ryan Hall, Meb’s Words and a BIG suggestion to check out – The Fast Life by Lauren Fleshman via RW that is great AND Remy’s World which is the funniest running blog around!
(source: via Remy’s World)
Question: What is your favorite fitness or running site right now?
You Might Also Like:
Follow @RunEatRepeat on Instagram for daily updates and check-ins. Run Fast. Have Fun. Let’s go!!